Massive X 1.3 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
dionenoid
KVRian
1197 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Post Mon May 09, 2022 12:00 pm

Hyperbole = not dead apparently
More BPM please

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1656 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Mon May 09, 2022 1:35 pm

dionenoid wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:00 pm Hyperbole = not dead apparently
If you would compare last 30 years of NI activity, then you would know that in recent years they slowed down development to the speed of a disabled turtle
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11995 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:58 am Release Notes
Version 1.4.0 2022-05-05
MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version. MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. On Apple Silicon machines, Rosetta 2 must be installed in order to install and use MASSIVE X. The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED
New browser which includes filtering by tags, text search, favorites and many other improvements
ADDED
New Bass enhancer insert effect
ADDED
New LP4 filter mode in SVF filter
ADDED
Control Sensitivity menu
ADDED
Version 1.4.0 required for Expansions Beam, Bump and Charge
IMPROVED
Faster preset loading
KNOWN ISSUE
VST3 crashes in Reaper on macOS during scan (but still passes validation)
KNOWN ISSUE
Host automation parameter names are fixed to "Macro" in Logic and GarageBand on Apple Silicon computers
I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

User avatar
Cogency
KVRer
10 posts since 10 May, 2022

Post Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am

zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...

chk071
KVRAF
31661 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 10, 2022 3:55 am

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am Has the MPE been announced at all?
Not that I know of.

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
33323 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue May 10, 2022 4:10 am

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...
I guess a constraining factor is the limitations of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, which they clearly want all their plugins to integrate with, but neither of which support MPE, and Maschine not even channel aftertouch.

User avatar
RobGee
KVRist
271 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Post Tue May 10, 2022 5:37 am

The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!

Image

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11995 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue May 10, 2022 5:43 am

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:10 am
Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...
I guess a constraining factor is the limitations of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, which they clearly want all their plugins to integrate with, but neither of which support MPE, and Maschine not even channel aftertouch.
I don’t see why it has to be an either or. They can’t even implement polyphonic aftertouch. It’s pathetic.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3845 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Tue May 10, 2022 5:54 am

RobGee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:37 am The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!
To be fair, it took years to get the first one done for u-he, then it rolled out fairly swiftly for the rest of the range.

If only NI had already had a really good tag browser 15 years ago, then by this t

oh wait.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2021 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 12
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

kobal
KVRian
661 posts since 5 Jul, 2004

Post Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 am

RobGee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:37 am The fact that U-he updated the preset browser for the majority of their product line in a matter of months and NI can’t manage a decent browser update for a single product in over 2 years is just embarrassing :lol: Absolutely useless!

Image
uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.

User avatar
digitalboytn
KVRAF
2361 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Post Tue May 10, 2022 7:01 am

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...
No...but the bonuses will be announced before that MPE thing gets a mention :)
No auto tune...

chk071
KVRAF
31661 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am

kobal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 am uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.
That's the thing isn't it? If you are personally waiting for feature XY, companies can't deliver fast enough. Other things, which other people may wait for, but aren't so vocal about, take years, if they're even implemented.

I wait for wavetable import in MX for years now as well. I don't even know if NI even plan to implement it. Maybe they're fine with the "onboard" wavetables, like with the original Massive. Actually, some things even indicate that they do: There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.

zzz00m
KVRAF
3145 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:13 am

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation to have a closed system.
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1656 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 am

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am
kobal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 am uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.
That's the thing isn't it? If you are personally waiting for feature XY, companies can't deliver fast enough. Other things, which other people may wait for, but aren't so vocal about, take years, if they're even implemented.

I wait for wavetable import in MX for years now as well. I don't even know if NI even plan to implement it. Maybe they're fine with the "onboard" wavetables, like with the original Massive. Actually, some things even indicate that they do: There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.
If I remember correctly, several times it was mentioned that WT import is not planned as it's not part of MX concept.
You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

zzz00m
KVRAF
3145 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am

pixel85 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 am You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)
That there is the funniest thing I've seen today!!! :D
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

Return to “Instruments”