Massive X 1.3 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
FapFilter
KVRian
1239 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:25 am

zzz00m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am
pixel85 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 am You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)
That there is the funniest thing I've seen today!!! :D
excuse me, as my Windows machine is still on Win 7, but doesn't Win 11 "already" have exactly this? :oops:
There's no Logic to Windows

chk071
KVRAF
31653 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:27 am

Not yet. It's planned. ;)

kobal
KVRian
661 posts since 5 Jul, 2004

Post Tue May 10, 2022 8:55 am

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am
kobal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:00 am uhe is not a good example really for updates.. they are in the same bag as Ni for me , buy the product for what they are as it can take lot of time to get some features if they come one day.
bazille is one of my fav synths but it could be improved in so many way in term of workflow or even features.
That's the thing isn't it? If you are personally waiting for feature XY, companies can't deliver fast enough. Other things, which other people may wait for, but aren't so vocal about, take years, if they're even implemented.

I wait for wavetable import in MX for years now as well. I don't even know if NI even plan to implement it. Maybe they're fine with the "onboard" wavetables, like with the original Massive. Actually, some things even indicate that they do: There are specialized functions for the wavetable oscillators, which I'm not sure would work for any kind of wavetable.

yes true.. but with melda or tal your feature would be probably be there if it make sense to make the product better. i asked tal to implement osc phase retriger on some of his synths and maybe it was me or not me i don t remember filter fm on his 101 emulation, melda i asked some stuff as well it was implement quickly cause it made total sense .
some companies are totaly locked in term of feature updates and dont even consider implementing them. if you send a email to Ni asking for a feature they mgiht not even respond i guess, or you have to belive in god to believe they will implement it.
with big companies you buy the plugin as they are wihtout hoping they will get better..or you might be disapointed and wait few years.

i don t even complain about massive X, it could be made better offcourse but i like it for the sound possbilties, same for bazille it could stay always like that it would still be one of my fav synth so for me it s not big deals, i don t have hopes they get better so if it happen it s just bonus.

i have been there in the past and it s very frustrating to have some missing features in a synth who dosen t make any sense .. i resold every time these synth and now i just don t buy these products anymore insteed of beeing frustrated programing them and waiting for a update.

everyone who bought massive X hoping it will get a lot better you just put yourself into pain and frustration

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1655 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Tue May 10, 2022 1:13 pm

FapFilter wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:25 am
zzz00m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am
pixel85 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 am You can expect WT import at the same time Windows will get tabs in the file explorer ;)
That there is the funniest thing I've seen today!!! :D
excuse me, as my Windows machine is still on Win 7, but doesn't Win 11 "already" have exactly this? :oops:
Nope. MS is trying to implement it for a decade (if not more) but it looks like we still don't have technologies and knowledge that could make it possible ;)
W11 doesn't even have all features that W7 have so... :D
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

chk071
KVRAF
31653 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm

And Windows 10 and 11 have even more features Windows 7 doesn't have. ;)

Regarding the tabs in Explorer: It could come quicker than you think. As I wrote, it's actually planned. I think the insider versions of Windows 11 already have it.

Not that I need it...

zzz00m
KVRAF
3140 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue May 10, 2022 2:17 pm

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm And Windows 10 and 11 have even more features Windows 7 doesn't have. ;)

Regarding the tabs in Explorer: It could come quicker than you think. As I wrote, it's actually planned. I think the insider versions of Windows 11 already have it.

Not that I need it...
I used Ubuntu based Linux desktops on my daily driver PC (not my DAW) for several years. This was a common feature, and I always thought it was silly that it was missing from Windows...

File Explorer Tabs Are A Fan Favorite And They're Finally Headed To Windows 11
https://hothardware.com/news/file-explo ... windows-11
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11993 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Cogency wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 am
zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:59 pm I wonder if they’ll add MPE before I die.
Has the MPE been announced at all? It doesn't seem like it's a priority...
It just seems wrong that Arturia can do it, even the free Vital has it, and yet “The Future Of Sound” people can’t seem to do it. Maybe they’re thinking of a dystopian future where humans have to abandon modern computers, like some Max Headroom situation. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
22418 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Tue May 10, 2022 3:34 pm

It's not that they "can't" do it (because it's possible with both Kontakt and Reaktor, and Ashlight actually does support MPE), at all. As far as I can tell (and this is just my own personal guess), it's probably because it's considered a niche feature still, especially considering the majority of userbase NI is targetting.

zzz00m
KVRAF
3140 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue May 10, 2022 5:27 pm

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:34 pm It's not that they "can't" do it (because it's possible with both Kontakt and Reaktor, and Ashlight actually does support MPE), at all. As far as I can tell (and this is just my own personal guess), it's probably because it's considered a niche feature still, especially considering the majority of userbase NI is targetting.
And consider the fact that NI is also a hardware company that still sells MIDI controllers without MPE capability (MPE is still a niche, not mainstream yet). They obviously could do MPE on the software side, but they are probably going to wait until the hardware is ready, and the market is right.
Windows10; AAS, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cherry, IKM, Intermorphic, iZotope, Indiginus, Kilohearts, KORG, KV331, Melda, NI, Orange Tree, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Spitfire, Surge, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, Vital, Waves

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11993 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue May 10, 2022 6:23 pm

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:34 pm It's not that they "can't" do it (because it's possible with both Kontakt and Reaktor, and Ashlight actually does support MPE), at all. As far as I can tell (and this is just my own personal guess), it's probably because it's considered a niche feature still, especially considering the majority of userbase NI is targetting.
Sure, I should have said, “won’t do it.”

Again, it points to what Native Instruments has become. When I bought my first plugin instrument, it was Absynth. I instantly fell in love with it. Everything about the interface was so crazy, like something from Farscape (an old 90s sci-fi show) and that’s how it sounded too. I remember they sent me a “Future Of Sound” tee shirt… good times. I think I still have it.

Now I think of them as the past of sound. Massive X has some great stuff about it, but it also seems way behind in many ways. I have nothing to really be critical about when it comes to the sound. Top notch, for sure. But the rest of the synth… still seems like it’s got a way to go. I get that MPE is a niche, but part of looking to the future is realizing that “if you build it, they will come.” Arturia included it in their new V Collection synths. Hell, Native Instruments doesn’t even recognize polyphonic aftertouch, part of the original MIDI spec. As my friend Cartman would say, “lame.”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
11993 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Tue May 10, 2022 6:30 pm

zzz00m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:27 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:34 pm It's not that they "can't" do it (because it's possible with both Kontakt and Reaktor, and Ashlight actually does support MPE), at all. As far as I can tell (and this is just my own personal guess), it's probably because it's considered a niche feature still, especially considering the majority of userbase NI is targetting.
And consider the fact that NI is also a hardware company that still sells MIDI controllers without MPE capability (MPE is still a niche, not mainstream yet). They obviously could do MPE on the software side, but they are probably going to wait until the hardware is ready, and the market is right.
The market will be ready when a leader makes a cool controller for a reasonable price and shows the world how useful it is. Could that be Native Instruments? Yes. Will it be? Doubtful. Roli was on the way to be it, but they WeWorked it and got smacked down. Maybe with a more sober plan they will be it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1655 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 pm

chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm And Windows 10 and 11 have even more features Windows 7 doesn't have. ;)

Regarding the tabs in Explorer: It could come quicker than you think. As I wrote, it's actually planned. I think the insider versions of Windows 11 already have it.

Not that I need it...
They were already bringing this feature in the past. Somehow it's always ending up as a hidden experimental feature.

https://www.howtogeek.com/411932/window ... e-no-more/

Ps. I don't count half-baked broken "features" as "new" ;)

Ps.2 old Absynth (1 or maybe 2?) had awesome GUI. I liked it more than v5. Of course today it doesn't look that great but in the past I loved it.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1655 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Tue May 10, 2022 9:42 pm

zzz00m wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:17 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 pm And Windows 10 and 11 have even more features Windows 7 doesn't have. ;)

Regarding the tabs in Explorer: It could come quicker than you think. As I wrote, it's actually planned. I think the insider versions of Windows 11 already have it.

Not that I need it...
I used Ubuntu based Linux desktops on my daily driver PC (not my DAW) for several years. This was a common feature, and I always thought it was silly that it was missing from Windows...

File Explorer Tabs Are A Fan Favorite And They're Finally Headed To Windows 11
https://hothardware.com/news/file-explo ... windows-11
Like I wrote above, even W10 has tabs but hidden. It's just broken and unfinished. In W11 they crippled UX of file explorer because they wanted to make it be faster to use. Like many of "new features", users are asking to bring back normal functionality from previous Windows versions :D
So it's possible that even if they bring Tabs, it may not have plenty of basic features because another genius at MS decided that "I don't use it so nobody need it" ;)

I'm happy with OneCommander. It's free and has features that Windows will never have even in the next century.
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
22418 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Wed May 11, 2022 2:45 am

Total Commander for the win, as far as I'm concerned. :)


Also, would be nice if this thread's title got updated with new version number. :)

User avatar
pixel85
KVRAF
1655 posts since 11 Apr, 2008

Post Wed May 11, 2022 2:52 am

I was using Total Commander since I don't know how long :) This year I tried One Commander and so far it's nice to :)
Beware! The software discussed in this topic has unacceptable aliasing at -386dBTP but it can be fixed by changing the sample rate to 12Bit

Return to “Instruments”