Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm Massive supports Poly AT. Massive X doesn't. So NI has supported it before. Massive X is a big step back in a bunch of ways. That is not the future.
I looked into this a while ago and unfortunately discovered that Massive only supports channel AT. So actually NI hasn't done any poly AT before. But their Maschine controllers in MIDI mode can be configured to send poly AT. Had lots of fun with that and my Novation Peak at times.

NI did do poly AT, in Kontakt and Reaktor.

I don't know of any of their instruments that actually use that functionality. Do you know of any?

I just noticed one HUGE improvement featured in the latest version: I can close my MX instance, reopen it, and now it won't reset to default preset if I switch it!
Alongside the faster preset loading time, this is one BIG workflow improvement for me

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 am I just noticed one HUGE improvement featured in the latest version: I can close my MX instance, reopen it, and now it won't reset to default preset if I switch it!
Wow...

NI are really making significant progress with their flagship synth...

I wish that other manufacturers could include this dynamic feature in their own creations :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:51 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 am I just noticed one HUGE improvement featured in the latest version: I can close my MX instance, reopen it, and now it won't reset to default preset if I switch it!
Wow...

NI are really making significant progress with their flagship synth...

I wish that other manufacturers could include this dynamic feature in their own creations :)
You're right, it should be here since the beggining. But, the fact is, I will probably reach for MX a lot more than before while composing :)

Kinda feel relieved I sold my Massive X license... just wish there were some people eager to have a license for Super 8 and/or Guitar Rig 6. Since I don't use them
void main(dumb)

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 am I just noticed one HUGE improvement featured in the latest version: I can close my MX instance, reopen it, and now it won't reset to default preset if I switch it
Not quite sure what you mean, especially the bold part. Could you please explain a bit?

I am not seeing any difference in this regard compared to the previous version. On Windows 11 here.

soulelle wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 pm ............
https://mega.nz/file/SMQ2SLwD#jGzi5ZcDT ... IUXZBrlsXw

Or simply:
1. Load Init patch.
2. Set filter to SVF LP4.
3. Set resonance to the highest value.
4. Enable reso boost.
5. Dial Feedback to 50%.
-> At this point you should be able to hear it quite well, but feel free to turn the Cutoff Filter knob within 20-28KHz a bit to make it really obvious.
You can mute the OSC at this point to listen to the aliased self-resonating peak only.
The filter output clips badly in this case and probably that results in a lot of aliasing or something that sounds very much like aliasing/non-harmonic partials.
Thanks again..
this was fixed because of you.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:04 pm Still have to double click presets, that's annoying
I reported it on NI community along with a couple other suggestions and it was acknowledged by a NI support guy and he has passed on the feedback to the team. So, hopefully in the next update.

Vortifex wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:04 pm Still have to double click presets, that's annoying
Right!

It's not exactly the same as clicking on an NKS preview of a multisample. I just want the preset to load with one click so that I can audition it! Synth presets generally load with no lag...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

EvilDragon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 pm NI did do poly AT, in Kontakt and Reaktor.
You’d think it would just be part of their framework at this point, but no. If Massive X got polyphonic aftertouch, I’d probably sell my Peak.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

1.4.1 Update available:

- Fixed: Reduced aliasing in SVF LP4 when using feedback :)
- other fixes for mac users

pixel85 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:12 pm 1.4.1 Update available:

- Fixed: Reduced aliasing in SVF LP4 when using feedback :)
Saw that. Amazing that someone here noticed it. I doubt I'd ever notice stuff like that. :)

Return to “Instruments”