Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:31 am I have been playing wih massive X demo for about a week now and I must say I am utterly impressed .
The filters are gorgeous , Love the svf ( sounds so close the gforce sem ) , monark filter etc..
The routing options are amazing , can't believe it doesn't get more love .
What an incredible tour de force :tu:
The sonic DSP is world class... but just as good as the DSP is, the infrastructure around it is equally as bad.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:26 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:31 am I have been playing wih massive X demo for about a week now and I must say I am utterly impressed .
The filters are gorgeous , Love the svf ( sounds so close the gforce sem ) , monark filter etc..
The sonic DSP is world class... but just as good as the DSP is, the infrastructure around it is equally as bad.
I don't think the infrastructure is bad at all , since it's modular in nature they decided to give us a dedicated routing window , and the top window modules stay fixed ;
This could look confusing when you set MOdule A,B,C to standard osc's .
They appear post filter on the gui while inreality they are routed into the filter , but that is just a minor issue
Its just a breeze to select the modules you want , insert the feedback wherever you want etc .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

As said, this discrepancy is what made MassiveX horrible for me. It's awsome under the hood that you want using it, but it's so painful to use that I had to give up and there is zero progress by NI to enhance it.

midi_transmission wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:56 pm As said, this discrepancy is what made MassiveX horrible for me. It's awsome under the hood that you want using it, but it's so painful to use that I had to give up and there is zero progress by NI to enhance it.
i love using MX (had mixed feelings about it when it first dropped). now it's become essential.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:13 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:26 pm
I don't think the infrastructure is bad at all , since it's modular in nature they decided to give us a dedicated routing window , and the top window modules stay fixed ;
This could look confusing when you set MOdule A,B,C to standard osc's .
They appear post filter on the gui while inreality they are routed into the filter , but that is just a minor issue
Its just a breeze to select the modules you want , insert the feedback wherever you want etc .
Agree, the routing is a cool feature of MX.

I recently purchased Massive through the Soundwise bundle but had problems with Massive freezing whenever I saved a sound. They upgraded me to X yesterday for free and WOW this thing is a beast. I'm uber impressed.

fireapplered wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:35 pm I recently purchased Massive through the Soundwise bundle but had problems with Massive freezing whenever I saved a sound. They upgraded me to X yesterday for free and WOW this thing is a beast. I'm uber impressed.
Wow, that's very generous of NI! :tu:

Massive X is a beast indeed.

Some great karplus strong synthesis can be done ,
Route noise into the A,B,C modules
Set one of the modules to track delay (enable kb tracking ), and one of the modules to a utility filter to filter out the highcreated by the feedback , iow a dampening filter
Create feedback around the three modules , add frequency shifter in feedback loop to get totally crazy.

What an amazing synth
Awesome
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Stop it. You're getting off-trend! :hihi:

Never had an issue with the UI or sound, just the preset browser.

Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 am Bought Massive X in the last BF sale. I made also a handful of sounds with it, but unfortunately I'm still not in love with it. I can't really say why. The sound quality is great, possibilities are big. Strange....
I changed my opinion about Massive X, since I discovered the filter feedback option (chapter 10.4 in the manual). Yes, a literally stupid simple thing, but it really beefs up the sound.
That’s really the thing about Massive X that all the other, “Vital is better, Phase Plant is the best,” people miss. Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack. I just wish they’d give it MPE, or even polyphonic aftertouch. That’s where Vital shines.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 am
Rastkovic wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 am Bought Massive X in the last BF sale. I made also a handful of sounds with it, but unfortunately I'm still not in love with it. I can't really say why. The sound quality is great, possibilities are big. Strange....
I changed my opinion about Massive X, since I discovered the filter feedback option (chapter 10.4 in the manual). Yes, a literally stupid simple thing, but it really beefs up the sound.
That’s really the thing about Massive X that all the other, “Vital is better, Phase Plant is the best,” people miss. Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack. I just wish they’d give it MPE, or even polyphonic aftertouch. That’s where Vital shines.
i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing? i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:07 am Massive X sounds like some actual high end hybrid synth that would probably run you $3-4K for. Vital and Phase Plant are nice digital synths, but there’s some oomph to Massive X that most similar software synths lack.
:tu:

Despite it's many idiosyncrosies and the polarising attitude towards it's corporate creator, there's no valid argument regarding the sound quality of Massive X,because it's a serious power house :wink:

Ahhh...those filters :party:
No auto tune...

fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:28 am
i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...
Most people around these parts only have one or two soft synths and a similar number of effects :lol:
No auto tune...

Did someone mentioned already that MX has the worst browser ever, UI is an abomination to the point that it's not possible to use it at all and about a problem of assigning midi cc to any parameter?

I think that it should be mentioned in every second post, in case if someone could forget about it.

Damn it, I think that it deserves a new social platform like twitter, designed only to post this (and only this) opinion.

Return to “Instruments”