Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Why does it have harmonics on a sine waveform?
Uninstalled.

why isn't everything the way i think it should be? 🤣

i really like MX, and am having fun exploring it, and finding lots of use for it in, you know, music-making. but that's the point, isn't it? we all use the plugins we like (and not the ones we don't) 🤔

It is indeed undeniable that people like some things and not other things.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:20 pm It is indeed undeniable that people like some things and not other things.
or don't like some things but do like others... 🤪

It's not like Massive.

Uninstalled...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:57 am It's not like Massive.

Uninstalled...
the original massive? thank god. i don't miss that plastic'y, buzzy sound at all. this is a different thing entirely, and IMHO, a massive improvement.

I don't like the name....

Not massive enough for me and it's only X rated ...

Uninstalled,beaten with a wet noodle and tossed on the rubbish heap 😁
No auto tune...

fisherKing wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:17 am
zzz00m wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:57 am It's not like Massive.

Uninstalled...
the original massive? thank god. i don't miss that plastic'y, buzzy sound at all. this is a different thing entirely, and IMHO, a massive improvement.
I guess it’s what you grew up with, but I never used Massive that much because of the exact character you mention. Massive X is a seriously steep upgrade in terms of general sound quality and character, IMO. That’s the one part of it that I really can’t find fault with. Sounds fantastic… maybe the best modern sounding wavetable synth, hardware included.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:55 pm You probably mean the Komplete Kontrol A keyboard, right? They're supposed to have more clicky buttons than the S series.
No, it was a Komplete Kontrol S61 MK3.
it has two displays, but one had a pinkish tint, while the other had a greenish tint.
Like already said, the buttons were distractingly clicky
The Komplete Kontrol plugin is extremely buggy on my machine. Upon closing and reopening the plugin, the GUI would not show up. shit like that.
so the core functionality for that thing wasn't working, so I sent it back
void main(dumb)

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:25 am I don't like the name....

Not massive enough for me and it's only X rated ...

Uninstalled,beaten with a wet noodle and tossed on the rubbish heap 😁
The name is fine, I can add the additional Xs with my mind, but it’s so different than Massive 1 that they could have just named it something completely different. Riesig?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:05 am The name is fine, I can add the additional Xs with my mind, but it’s so different than Massive 1 that they could have just named it something completely different. Riesig?
Giganteskisch
void main(dumb)

_leras wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:16 pm
fisherKing wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:28 am i have MX and vital, and both are worthwhile. why do we always need to get into this competitive thing? i own a bunch of synth plugins (as do, i assume, most ppl here), and they each have value...
Is it competitive? I always see it as trying to discuss the pros and cons of synths to help people find the best ones for them.

You say vital is worthwhile. You could have made a few comparison points to say what you liked about each. Would be more helpful than just, they're both ok.
Vital has a great user interface that’s fast and intuitive to use, and the way it deals with modulation curves is brilliant. I’ve never had to watch a tutorial video or crack the manual. Everything is obvious and works like one would expect it to. It’s MPE compatible and doesn’t freak out if I send it polyphonic aftertouch, like Massive X does.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:00 am Sounds fantastic… maybe the best modern sounding wavetable synth, hardware included.
:tu:

Imagine if Massive X had the Vital GUI :love:
No auto tune...

It clearly says in the user manual that I can train Massive X to water my plants. So far it failed.
Uninstall.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Currently I don't really like NI synths, but Massive X is their flagship synth, and its sound is superb, but the gui is obviously not "a pigments". I installed just this one synth from NI, because its their "pigments"

Return to “Instruments”