Support super slow. Understandably but need some help.

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm
djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm
djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm @ Mushy Mushy. Bet you think ur super clever with that post. I'm doing "His" work not asking for help boomer. You apparently don't understand what I'm referencing. :roll:
Some bullshit thing teaching Christianity to the underprivileged.

Do you have food, water, shelter? No but I have the bible.
LMAO. Now im starting to like you.
:oops: :D
Hope you get what i really meant. Its more along the lines of "slaughtering the Jawas"
Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory. - Penelope Grenoble O'Malley

djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 pm Hope you get what i really meant. Its more along the lines of "slaughtering the Jawas"
Go for it then. Those Jawas are horrible little things. That said they do make awesome little noises.

Come to think of it I think that would be vurt's sex noise :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm
djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm @ Mushy Mushy. Bet you think ur super clever with that post. I'm doing "His" work not asking for help boomer. You apparently don't understand what I'm referencing. :roll:
Some bullshit thing teaching Christianity to the underprivileged.

Do you have food, water, shelter? No but I have the bible.
LMAO. Now im starting to like you.
Be careful...he tends to get a bit 'handsy' after someone says they like him... :hihi:

...but, have you tried updating the firmware?

https://www.arturia.com/faq/midicontrol ... e-firmware

https://www.arturia.com/minilab-mkii/resources

djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:42 pm
GuitarPlayerinNYC wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:16 pm
djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am I’ve been talking with them over a month. I’m chill. I’ve had to send reminder emails too. “Pandemic”. Lmao I’m in upstate BTW.
I believe Arturia is in France. Whatever, if you spelled out your problem better, instead of bitching, you may have gotten member help- why I even bothered checking your thread.
Yeah, when I get to the point of posting on forums, I've started to get frustrated and apologize if it seems like im just "Bitching". Curious if anyone else is having similar issues with response times but apparently yall are happy so it might just be my experience.

Not my first place for product support but it was a different angle that might have got attention from the developers or support that monitor this thread.

@ Mushy Mushy. Bet you think ur super clever with that post. I'm doing "His" work not asking for help boomer. You apparently don't understand what I'm referencing. :roll:
I can understand your frustrations, especially since we're all in pretty shitty situations. I'd say it's just bad timing for you. Arturia respond in message boards, and via email.

In my experience, they're like Amazon customer support. I have a looong list of vendors I despise. They don't answer emails, and don't respond on their own websites.

I have the KeyLab Essential btw. After a few hiccups, it works great, and I managed to get it mapped to my daw- Waveform.

If you have the Midi Control Center, maybe take a look in there, AND your daw. And check for firmware/driver updates. In the middle of my problem, there was a firmware, driver, and I was testing Waveform. I'm sure Arturia will make it right for you.

djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 pm
djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am I’ve been talking with them over a month. I’m chill. I’ve had to send reminder emails too. “Pandemic”. Lmao I’m in upstate BTW.
Yes, there’s a pandemic. Maybe not at your doorstep, but that doesn’t mean it’s not anywhere else.

Btw. The earth isn’t flat either.
Sure it isnt? Im in the middle of Afghanistan doing Gods work so i wouldnt know.
Seems like there's a lot you wouldn't know.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Take a look at page 32 of the user manual. It mentions settings for the control strips. If you've screwed around with the controllers, you may want to set the keyboard back to factory settings, which should be in the manual. The manual should be available in the Midi Control Center, which you have to work through anyway.

Ive done the reset procedure and everything else tech support has offered. If you just barely ouch any plastic around the pitch slider are both mod and pitch go ape shit. I can remedy the problem by removed usb cord and re inserting it. This works for a little while then the problem happens again. Im thinking there is some pressure during the MFG process of the keyboard that isnt right or something.

Go away TheMaestro or keep running your mouth. Sorry you cant see my sarcasm font.

djstatix wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:36 am If you just barely ouch any plastic around the pitch slider are both mod and pitch go ape shit.
Is it too late for a return/refund? Maybe the contacts under the strips are out of whack
Sometimes, you just get a lemon.

You checked the settings for the "sensitivity" of the sliders? I thought for sure that would be it. But if you've been at this for a month, you might have to call it a day. It took me 2 weeks to sort out my KeyLab and glad I did. The Analog 4 software is worth more than the keyboard.

Fwiw, I uninstalled EVERYTHING- software, firmware, and drivers. The keyboard portion is class compliant, meaning it's plug and play. If you uninstall all the drivers, and keys work, but the strips don't, that means the strip, pads and knobs require drivers to be recognized by the pc. That's where there was a lot of confusion between me and tech support. There was and extra driver called "mini" or "monkey" and when I asked about it, I was told to ignore it. I figured the controllers, knobs, etc were a separate device, so I installed it, and that's when things started working. It could've been a language problem.

The manual isn't the best, like most. There's a helluva lot under the hood with these combo keyboard controllers. A kvr member made suggestions that allowed me to make full use of my KeyLab + DAW. If you're stuck at home, you may give it one last shot, and see if support or you missed something. Or just return/exchange it if you can. I almost got the mkii myself, but I wanted the extra keys, and transport controls. The Akai mini was my 2nd choice, but reviews weren't great.

I’ve been down the tech support route with factory reset and everything else they suggested. Finally got an email today after 10 more days waiting they my issue is being moved to aftersales department. I understand they are busy and all. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Honestly would want a larger keyboard at this point I’ll be back home in a few months or so.

Dunno if you want to go down the Arturia path again, but I'm happy with my KeyLab Essiantial 49. Pads, transport controls, sliders, and endless rotary encoders. On sale for around $199 at Guitar Center. I love the Analog 4 software. Works well for me and my needs. I have a ton of guitars/interfaces etc, so I'm trying to limit more hardware for midi recording.

Whenever this virus crap is over, I want to take a long ass vacation, so a mini keyboard is in my future. Maybe I'll buy a used one on eBay.

Still looking at their other keyboards heavily now for the home studio. I have the V7 collection and im sure their keyboard integrate with them better. Analog labs does for sure. The roli seaboard 49 is on the table too.

djstatix wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm Im in the middle of Afghanistan doing Gods work so i wouldnt know.
Is that the killing or saving work he likes to subcontract?

I've just had a couple of days interaction with Arturia support. Fast and polite.
So I'm guessing God managed to keep his sticky fingers out of this one.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Arturia”