Challenging Velocity Issue

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought Shreddage 3 Stratus yesterday and I'm getting it up and running. But I seem to be having a triggering problem with the S3 Stratus that I bought. I'm getting a ton of missed and cancelled notes when I play what appears to be any velocities under 70. In the settings it looks like the instrument is accepting the full range, and I've actually tweaked the Kontakt settings which were on 100 to 127.

It's helped a little, but still making it very difficult to play at a normal velocity. As an example, when I play a chord in strummed mode at a reasonable velocity, it plays only muted notes, and even more weirdly, plays them along on string!

I used a midi monitor app to record velocity info. As an example I played a chord with "strum on poly input" switched ON (not strum mode). The velocities for the 3 notes I played almost simultaneously were 47, 60 and 72.

Instead of playing the 3 notes in a cord style down the strings, it played them in quick muted succession along the string, sustaining the last one. It's pretty frustrating.

I've attached a screenshot of the instrument interface if that helps.

Any help you can supply would be most appreciated.

As a controller I'm using a Novation 61SL MKII. I've tried different velocity settings on it, which helps a little, but not much. I also tested on an M-Audio Keystation 49 to make sure it wasn't the controller. Same problem.

I'm running S3 Stratus in Kontakt 6 (from the Komplete 12 library) in Logic Pro X 10.5.
System is iMac 27 inch, late 2012 running Mojave.
3.4GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Thanks,

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just a quick update. I realised that my Hammer On switch was on. That solved the muting along the one string problem, but the velocity issue remains. Seems to inconsistently play when velocities are in the 40-60 range.

Could you send a MIDI file, along with a snapshot (ensure all the camera icons in the bottom right are enabled across all tabs) so we can investigate?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”