Obscurium Will Damage My Computer?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So says Apple when I load Logic, Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol. Anyone else get this?

Thanks
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm Anyone else get this?
no

(mojave, logic10.4.8, hostingAU, standalone that is...)

What message do you get? I've never got anything remotely like one that says software will damage my machine.

ians wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 pm So says Apple when I load Logic, Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol. Anyone else get this?

Thanks
Hi Ians,

actually, the latest version from our homepage should work well from our side. That's why I highly recommend to first make a clean uninstall and download and install Obscurium once more. BUT before this please take the following steps:

Please delete the following files:

The Obscurium.component file from:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

The Obscurium.vst file from:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

And the Obscurium Application from:
/Applications/Sugar Bytes

Now empty your trash and restart your Mac.

After that and before reinstalling please open your DAWs, and close it again! This will make sure that the cash file is overwritten.

Now make sure to login to your account and download and install the latest Obscurium installer from our homepage.

After installing please go to the Plugin Manager of your DAWs and make a rescan.
For example in Logic click "Reset & Rescan Selection" and wait for the validation to complete.

Please let me know if it works for you then.

Best,
Nadine

Thanks, I'll give it a try & report back.
Looperator is crashing Logic 10.5 btw, when closing the window

That's sorted it, although it needed a restart before it would appear in Logic's plugin menu

Thanks

Just an FYI, but you don’t need to restart if plugins don’t appear - logging out then back in again is enough.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”