What are Your Favorite Inexpensive Behringer Synths?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 am I would get the Model D and the Pro-1. If I had the (self-imposed) budget. :)

If only the Crave had 2 oscillators...
theyre very cheap...
buy two. then you have 2 oscillators :D

Yeah... but, for the price of a 3 oscillator Model D. :)

of course, none of them is going to break the bank or be a dissapointing purchase.
not like you are thinking "wonder if id enjoy producing music?" you already know you like it. so it would just be additional tools to your toolbox.

yes, we all know there is no patch recall blah blah...

but if you like the sounds, you know you can use the synths :)

if you cant treat yourself to something fun during an apocalypse, whats the point? :hihi:

I'd say K2, Neutron, Model D. I have K2, Model D and Crave. But based on my experience and the demos I've heard you can't go wrong with any of these, they're solidly built and they sound really nice. I'd recommend you to base your decision on what type of music you want to make and what types of sounds you're after. But be warned - these synths are kinda like Pokemon, you may end up wanting to catch 'em all. :D

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 am
chk071 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 am I would get the Model D and the Pro-1. If I had the (self-imposed) budget. :)

If only the Crave had 2 oscillators...
theyre very cheap...
buy two. then you have 2 oscillators :D
That, or double-track your synth parts during recording. Then, you have 2 oscillators without even having to pay for the second one! :hihi:

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

vb
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 pm Crave is good. Bit like one of those Moog thingies, some say -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JexfJSNVQmM
I had no idea they were so similar! :o

I'd even go so far as to say I like the Behringer Crave a little bit more. I like the sound of the oscillator a little more and it has a few features the Moog doesn't. I don't have a Eurorack case. So, I'm not bothered about the Crave not fitting into one. I'm also not bothered by the "clicky" keys. That's the reassuring sound of a switch making a positive connection, unlike the squishy buttons on some other products that leave you wondering. Besides, that's what headphones or loudspeakers are for—to drown out the stray sounds of your button pushing, key pressing, cable patching, and knob twiddling. :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Mother32 is one of the least appealing Moog synths, IMO. All the less so because of price.

And Crave is exceptional value, no doubt about it.

Speaking of Beh synths though, just patched and played the Neutron again today, and wow, it really is one of the coolest things I’ve ever bought. <3

Not that I know what I'm doing, but:

Own:
- Model D :love:
- Neutron :love:
(- a drum machine: Behringer "808 clone" RD-8 :love:)
I also own a TD-3 303 clone. Nice, but doesn't make top 3 for me.

Want:
- Pro-1 :hyper:
(- a drum machine: Behringer "909 clone" RD-9)
(- everything else but so far I've resisted some crazy deals even)

I own Model D, Crave and TD-3. I'm waiting for RD-9, this will be an insta-buy when it's released.

I would have to say Model D, Crave and CAT

We have even made a review of the Model D - as we think it's one of the better bang for the buck synths out in the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjuPjTQsjQ8
Take care :wink:

It's the first of three to arrive and after being able to accomplish something a little less ordinary with it this afternoon...

A lone Cat, self-modulating. running through an MS-70CDR, recorded live. Reverb and compression were added in PT.

https://youtu.be/2b5KcewIhqs
Last edited by optofonik on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

I have the Neutron and Model D.
And I have spent much more time on Neutron. Model D is very simple, but much more musical. I’d say that each synth has its own place. Model D is excellent for bass lines, Neutron is for crazy sound design. For leads - Crave.

For the price of three of those cheap clones you could buy a Deepmind 12, which would be preferable IMO as it is my favourite inexpensive Behringer synth.
That said I have a Model D and TD-3 and they're excellent value.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Own
  • Model - D
    Neutron
    K-2
    Pro-1
    x2 TD-3
All these have a special place, I take photos of the patches I make. I use them all mostly to sample in to the MPCX for future live sets.

Have the RD-8 sounds great, have the RD-9 on pre order that'll be a great drum machine too IMO... My Behringer Wishlist is:
  • Monopoly
    Poly - D
    Arp Grey Meanie
    and... maybe x2 more Model - D for polychaining
A Deepmind desktop for pads wouldn't be so bad either, I quite like the Behringer range of synths and drums :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”