MCCGenerator shout out

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
sekim
KVRer
7 posts since 26 Jan, 2007

Post Fri May 22, 2020 12:07 pm

I bought the free bundle upgrade in order to use MCCGenerator and I must say that this is a ground breaking plugin. The things you can accomplish with it are simply amazing. Using MCCGenerator and MEqualizer together I am able to get a palette of guitar centric wah sounds that is probably going to retire my hi-end pedal board equivalents. Anything from traditional Hendrix tones to funky U2 Discotheque era sounds in any modulation imaginable: sync, envelope follower, ASDR, expression pedal. Using Cantabile Lite as host with Melda stuff has already caused me to ditch my rack stuff in my amp FX loops, and now it looks like a good portion of the pedal board is going away too. MCCGenerator is totally worth the upgrade price because of the potential it unlocks of a lot of the other plugs in the free suite. Well done Melda!

mabian
KVRAF
1667 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Re: MCCGenerator shout out

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Wasn't MCCGenerator free anyway? What features does the upgrade unlock?

Thanks,
Mario

DarkStar
KVRAF
9526 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 am

The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though, as this is what you would get:
-- You can change size and style of the plugins.
-- You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
-- You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
-- You can access the modulators.
-- Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
-- The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
-- You will make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).
Not sure which ones apply to MCCGenerator.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

mabian
KVRAF
1667 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Sat May 23, 2020 4:10 am

DarkStar wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 am
The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though, as this is what you would get:
-- You can change size and style of the plugins.
-- You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
-- You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
-- You can access the modulators.
-- Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
-- The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
-- You will make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).
Not sure which ones apply to MCCGenerator.
I'd say modulators for sure...

Thanks for the recap ;)

- Mario

sekim
KVRer
7 posts since 26 Jan, 2007

Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:10 am

mabian wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:10 am

I'd say modulators for sure...
I bought it to get the modulators. Melda's modulators inside MCCGenerator are very deep and I've yet to find something I wanted that they didn't have (shout out for their inverse options, very happy to see those!). Plus they have stuff I didn't even think of wanting that proved to be exceptionally helpful, such as the analyzer graph on the envelope follower. It, and the wet/dry mixer, are what allowed me to quickly dial in all manner of autowahs that are as good as anything I've heard in commercial recordings. Who would have thought this is what lurks inside the nice but boring MEqualizer when MCCGenerator is used to drive its parms? And I'm only just beginning to experiment with modulation schemes that are dirt easy to implement using this combo, but virtually impossible in the analog world...

Using MCCGenerator with my 3rd party analog synth VSTi has opened up an entirely new frontier for sound design. Its literally like getting a new synth that is light years beyond the original. LOL, you have no idea how far only two oscillators can take you with this much modulation flexibility.

MeldaProduction
KVRAF
12115 posts since 15 Mar, 2008 from Czech republic

Post Mon May 25, 2020 4:27 am

:love:
Vojtech - MeldaProduction

DarkStar
KVRAF
9526 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Mon May 25, 2020 4:33 am

Now, if only I could name those 8 CC controls.
;)
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”