Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
6162 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm
vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 pm
so what is an influencer?
i kind of know what huang and beato do, seen their thumbnail shots, they do production guides no?

how is that influencing? what is it they are influencing?
serious question. i dont really use youtube for the same things :oops:
“Influencer” is a millennial term for somebody who collects followers for a living. It is more a pied piper kind of thing. The term “influencer” was coined by the marketing and advertising industry. They provide an alternative to the communication channels lost due to the decline of traditional media channels. They influence in the sense that they can deliver marketing messages to target audiences.
You just admitted it was created by marketing and advertising. Why are you assigning it to millennials?

Can we maybe get off the back of an entire generation?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

claudedefaren
KVRist
367 posts since 10 Mar, 2013

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:35 pm
claudedefaren wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm
chk071 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Well... nobody knows. So, the best you can hope for is someone reading from his crystal ball.
Please don't troll. I specifically asked: "Who do you figure are the top earning names in this space?"
What’s the utility or value of such an arbitrary guess?
How much are you willing to pay?

chk071
KVRAF
24030 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm

He said that it's a "millenial term". Which I would agree with. I'd even go as far as to say that, without millenials, there'd be no influencers. After all, it's a social media thing, and, who made that big if not the millenials.

I don't think anyone has to be offended by that, or to feel adressed. Members of the '68 generation aren't all hippies either, but, hippies are adressed that way. Even though I think there are many, many more real "millenials" than there are hippies among the "members of the '68 generation".
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
The Noodlist
KVRAF
2354 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:43 pm

How a 32-year-old freelance sound mixer started making $75,000 a month from a blog
(2015)
https://www.businessinsider.com/graham- ... ?r=US&IR=T
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral:

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
2321 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm
mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm
vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 pm
so what is an influencer?
i kind of know what huang and beato do, seen their thumbnail shots, they do production guides no?

how is that influencing? what is it they are influencing?
serious question. i dont really use youtube for the same things :oops:
“Influencer” is a millennial term for somebody who collects followers for a living. It is more a pied piper kind of thing. The term “influencer” was coined by the marketing and advertising industry. They provide an alternative to the communication channels lost due to the decline of traditional media channels. They influence in the sense that they can deliver marketing messages to target audiences.
You just admitted it was created by marketing and advertising. Why are you assigning it to millennials?

Can we maybe get off the back of an entire generation?
Nothing wrong with being a Millenial, I have one at home. But that type of communication no longer works as well with the generation that came after that. Most younger teens have learned to navigate that space without actually being influenced. The main era of influencers is somewhat limited to the time between 2010 and 2020. It will probably never fully go away, but there was a time where the influencer was the ultimate communication solution for marketing companies. That is in the process of fading away.

claudedefaren
KVRist
367 posts since 10 Mar, 2013

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm


User avatar
BertKoor
KVRAF
11827 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Generation Z? The last? :shock:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
64977 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:11 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Calenberger wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:22 pm
WAGTUNES
Vurt and Wagtunes would certainly be considered micro-influencers in the KVR space. Too bad there is no monetization here. ;)
me? :lol:
no one cares what i use and my perfume doesnt sell :cry:

maybe if they paid just for posting id do ok, but bot for influencing.
not like even in lockdown i can get you all on the bong!!!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
64977 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:13 pm

BertKoor wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Generation Z? The last? :shock:
no, we nove on to punctuation.

i wish id be born a hundred years later, generation ¿ looks cooler than a boring x :(

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
64977 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:14 pm

smoke weed!!!

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
6162 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:16 pm

claudedefaren wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:35 pm
claudedefaren wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 pm
chk071 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Well... nobody knows. So, the best you can hope for is someone reading from his crystal ball.
Please don't troll. I specifically asked: "Who do you figure are the top earning names in this space?"
What’s the utility or value of such an arbitrary guess?
How much are you willing to pay?
Zero.

:hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Unaspected
KVRian
1335 posts since 4 May, 2012

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Social Blade might help find an answer.

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
6162 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:51 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:37 pm
mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm
vurt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 pm
so what is an influencer?
i kind of know what huang and beato do, seen their thumbnail shots, they do production guides no?

how is that influencing? what is it they are influencing?
serious question. i dont really use youtube for the same things :oops:
“Influencer” is a millennial term for somebody who collects followers for a living. It is more a pied piper kind of thing. The term “influencer” was coined by the marketing and advertising industry. They provide an alternative to the communication channels lost due to the decline of traditional media channels. They influence in the sense that they can deliver marketing messages to target audiences.
You just admitted it was created by marketing and advertising. Why are you assigning it to millennials?

Can we maybe get off the back of an entire generation?
Nothing wrong with being a Millenial, I have one at home. But that type of communication no longer works as well with the generation that came after that. Most younger teens have learned to navigate that space without actually being influenced. The main era of influencers is somewhat limited to the time between 2010 and 2020. It will probably never fully go away, but there was a time where the influencer was the ultimate communication solution for marketing companies. That is in the process of fading away.
Oh good! :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
2321 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm

claudedefaren wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm
That's not correct. https://www.agilitypr.com/pr-news/publi ... unicators/
Well, an article written by a PR company. Lovely.

I have researched the media use of youth culture for 20+ years and have a fairly solid academic track record in predicting social long term effects of technological developments. But feel free to believe whatever you want. ;)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
64977 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Top earning influencers in the music production space?

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm
claudedefaren wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm
That's not correct. https://www.agilitypr.com/pr-news/publi ... unicators/
Well, an article written by a PR company. Lovely.

I have researched the media use of youth culture for 20+ years and have a fairly solid academic track record in predicting social long term effects of technological developments. But feel free to believe whatever you want. ;)
nerd.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”