Having trouble getting realistic strumming sounds with clean electric guitar

Official support for: amplesound.net
stpete111
KVRist
328 posts since 17 Jan, 2005

Post Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 am

Hi,

I've been using Ample Sound products for many years now, but up until now, I've always used any electric guitars with distortion or overdrive. I'm just now getting into productions where clean electric guitar is required.

I'm using Strumming mode with Pick Library, and a very basic strum pattern of eighth notes, all down-strummed. When doing this with any kind of clean electric guitar, it doesn't sound realistic at all - it sounds like a keyboard. What seems to be missing is the sound of the pick hitting the strings. It just sounds like all the strings are sounding at the exact same time and are just being plucked with fingers, and without any separation between strings. That's the best way I can describe it.

I have now tried this with AGPF, AGSC, and AGSH and they all give the same-sounding results. I have tried adjusting the controls in Strummer including Strum Time, Stroke Vol, and Release, as well as scrolling through preset strum patterns to see if I can get anything that sounds realistic. I can't seem to get there. I don't seem to have this issue with any of the Ample acoustic guitars, and I'm guessing that's because the pick hitting the strings is actually part of the sample in the acoustic libraries. Not sure though.

Any guidance or even a preset would be greatly appreciated.

Ample Sound
KVRian
1461 posts since 28 Jun, 2012

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Thanks for asking, please check the start time on settings\sample\envelope, set it to 0ms and track delay to -50ms.

stpete111
KVRist
328 posts since 17 Jan, 2005

Post Wed May 27, 2020 9:02 am

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try this and let you know if it's better.

Return to “Ample Sound”