Uncertain future - mixing feedback please

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is something I've been working on combining EDM with electric guitar. I'm a bit unsure about the mixing, so I'm hoping to get some feedback. If you have any comments of suggestions please leave them below.

https://soundcloud.com/chandler-guitar/ ... n-future10

I'm not hearing the EDM but it's nice for what it is. Mix seems fine to me. Nothing sticks out as needing any fixing.

:tu:

its a very chill track, cant really dance to it.
its more a sit and veg, slowly tapping a toe or two.
the mix is well balanced in the lows, mids and highs.
sounds good on my micro monitors.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for the feedback. Luckily I'm trying do get a DJ to play it, so if it isn't EDM enough its fine. I was just worried about the mix. Thank you for your help.

Hey Chandler
Not EDM. Nice track though very dated.
For EDM 4 on the floor kick all the way.
Change drum fills to snare fills.
Bass Line similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDF5SjsiVg
Mix is fine for what it is now.
Changing drums and bass would give the track some life.
Spencer

Nice sounding track, mix sounds good. Best regards! 💚

Not really a EDM song, its a bit more poppy in my opinion but hey, its a great song. I like it a lot. You did a very good job!
Really like the guitar a lot on this one, nice melody. Nothing to dance on but more to chill the f out. Maybe even a bit jazzy.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Well played, arranged & mixed ... but nowhere near EDM. Its more like some 80s slow rock number than anything else.

The mix is fine (though maybe a bit too busy in the mids at times) and I like the juxtaposition of the guitar and the Future Bass styled beat. It makes a change from vocal chops. But...if you want that sound, it probably needs more obnoxious side-chaining and work with a multiband compressor (the OTT maximum-fatigue effect) on the synth chords. And some vocal chops.

You might want to find some way to make the guitar sound less natural if you want that stylised sound or to have it take more of a back seat to the synth at times. The nature of the solo (which is fine as it is) does make it sound more like the end of a Crocodile Dundee remake than a modern pop number - especially as it's mixed so prominently. But that's more of an artistic choice and not for me to say.

It sounds like a piano chord is a little off-time around 2:40~. And the piano is a bit leaden in places where it's exposed.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Return to “Music Cafe”