Releases Vintage Cherry and Electric Guitars v3.1 with Electric Guitar Sale

Official support for: amplesound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ample Sound has released Vintage Cherry (AGVC), a virtual guitar for macOS and Windows in VST, VST3, AU and AAX plug-in formats.

The Vintage Cherry was recorded with a Gibson SG 61 vintage guitar. It is suited for 70 – 80's Rock, Metal, such as AC/DC and Black Sabbath's guitar tone.

Ample Sound also updated 5 electric guitars to 3.1, Improved the AMP system, remade all of presets and improved the compatibility of VST3 format.

AGVC Samples and Articulations:
  • Size:5.6 GB.
  • Neck and Bridge pickup 2 sample libraries.
  • Stereo and Mono Modes.
  • Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.
New Features of v3.1:
  • Improved the AMP system and remade all of presets.
  • New Preset manager.
  • Click on icons to switch articulations.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed VST3 compatibility issue for Cubase 10.5.1 or newer versions.
  • Fixed VST3 compatibility issue for Mixcraft.
  • Fixed some samples controlled by FX slider.
  • Riffer: fixed "select all" key commands issue.
  • Riffer: fixed potential crash caused by paste key commands.
  • Riffer: fixed note off issue of consecutive notes when Dice panel is opened.
  • Strummer: fixed potential crash caused by chord load window.
  • Fixed AMP text editor input issue.
  • Fixed potential crash cause by EQ filter on/off switch.
Intro Price: $111 (Reg. $149). Ample Sound is running an Electric Guitar promotion, 6 electric guitars and related bundles 25% off until June 29.

The v3.1 update is free of charge, users can get their updates through the MyAmpleSound webpage.

Demo Videos
Vintage Cherry 61
Jacks Or Better
Neon Sky
Highway 51

I'm very excited by this, but one question: the strummer page looks different than it used to be in earlier Ample guitar instruments (where, wholly apart from automated patterns, you could assign chords to keys to play with the left hand and manually play patterns or individual strings with the right). Is that still possible with this new version?

Thanks for asking, yes the strummer v3 has all of features of old version, we changed the button positions and icons.

Terrific, thanks! I'll definitely be getting this during the sale!

Thanks for the updates!

I think I will skip the Vintage Cherry. The Les Paul can get me into the same territory.
If only it was an SG Special... P90 pickups would have been nice for a change.

Nice, thanks for the updates! I love the Gibson SG models. Should work great in combo with TC and SH.

Edit: just grabbed the model, can't wait to download and try it out.
Last edited by Kr0zBoNE on Sat May 30, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, Amplesound writes concerning vintage cherry "Enhance grainy of attack". Can somebody tell me what that means? Please. What does this do and where is the knob? For me all the virtual electric guitars still got too much machine gun. Please add an adjustible pick noise! Like you did with the release noise. Or did I missed something? Kind regards

zimmerabc wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:52 pm Hi, Amplesound writes concerning vintage cherry "Enhance grainy of attack". Can somebody tell me what that means? Please. What does this do and where is the knob? For me all the virtual electric guitars still got too much machine gun. Please add an adjustible pick noise! Like you did with the release noise. Or did I missed something? Kind regards
It's not clearly explained, but having used it a couple of times, I believe it corresponds to pick attack sounds? Mainly, by how much, and the variation. The knobs are on the guitar body.

If it sounds too "machinegun" for you, you might want to adjust your MIDI velocities and timing between strummed notes.

Thanks for the immediate explanation! Mentioning the machine gun effect refers to guitar solos and I wonder why a stronger attack noise/scratch/prepick isnt much asked for over the years. The only library that has this great feature is archtop (kontakt lib) and it works really cool.

1.jpg
The Grainy knob changes the attack gain. the range is 1.0 - 3.0, 1.0 is default attack gain, 3.0 is 3x attack gain.

Random Grainy knob gives a humanization to attack gain. the range is 0 - 2.0, 0 is no humanization.
The final attack gain = Grainy +- Random

If you set Grainy to 2, Random to 1, the final attack gain = 1x to 3x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ample Sound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm If you set Grainy to 2, Random to 1, the final attack gain = 1x to 3x
This is my setting as well. I find it a good balance.

Ok thanks a lot! I´ll give it a try. :-)

On your web page AGVC overwiew stand this
Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 10 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.
in above test stand
Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.
So i assume Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations is right ?. can you tell please how this articulation are choose ?. I have AME and there is a switch, so i can choose 2 pinch modes. how does it work ob AGVC ?. can this pinch mode work with a keyswitch ?. the example songs sound really very good. i like such solos as in 1. song
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Bought this today and it sounds great combined with Amplitube! Rendered this today featuring the VC with the first two guitar sounds featured in the track.

https://soundcloud.com/synthermusic/04-desire

magicmusic wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:00 pm On your web page AGVC overwiew stand this
Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 10 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.
in above test stand
Sustain, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Pop, Natural Harmonic, Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations, Legato at random length & pitch & poly.
So i assume Pinch Harmonic 8 articulations is right ?. can you tell please how this articulation are choose ?. I have AME and there is a switch, so i can choose 2 pinch modes. how does it work ob AGVC ?. can this pinch mode work with a keyswitch ?. the example songs sound really very good. i like such solos as in 1. song
The pinch harmonic or Pop could be triggered with velocity 127.

The button in below image switches Pinch or Pop
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ample Sound”