Izotope Music Production Bundle 2 to 3 - Worth The Upgrade?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have bundle 2 and have made the switch to 3? I'm mainly using it for sound design and mixing/mastering. Do you think it's worth it? I love the idea of neutron to do quick eqing/processing so I could focus more on other sounds and the bigger picture before I lose interest! So maybe it's a good idea...

Definitely for Ozone 9 Advanced. Also includes Tonal Balance 2. And the R4 & Nimbus reverbs. Plus a year of Groove3.

Ozone versions are very similar, but overall if you get a good price the bundle is definitely worth it. There are some new features at many spots, they also refined the vintage stuff, CPU is better, plus the Expo.Audio reverbs.

I would watch the sales.

Worth alone because of R4 and Nimbus. Never buy at full price, they frequently have sales or upgrade offers, some specials offers sometimes at Plugin Boutique.

Fleer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:44 am Definitely for Ozone 9 Advanced. Also includes Tonal Balance 2. And the R4 & Nimbus reverbs. Plus a year of Groove3.
What do you think about the EQs?
Last edited by motomotor on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freed from desire

Dimensions wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:17 pm Anyone have bundle 2 and have made the switch to 3? I'm mainly using it for sound design and mixing/mastering. Do you think it's worth it? I love the idea of neutron to do quick eqing/processing so I could focus more on other sounds and the bigger picture before I lose interest! So maybe it's a good idea...
Can you download their demos? It would help you to decide, i think.
Freed from desire

As most people have already mentioned, definitely could be worth it. Especially as Ozone and R4 are included.
Take care :wink:

motomotor wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Fleer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:44 am Definitely for Ozone 9 Advanced. Also includes Tonal Balance 2. And the R4 & Nimbus reverbs. Plus a year of Groove3.
What do you think about the Ozone 9/ Neutron EQs? I got it but then tried Fabfilter Q3 and it sounds really nice.
Have to agree, Q3 reigns supreme :)

For the same price as a total package, Neutron3 blows Q3 out the water
Fleer wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:09 am
motomotor wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 pm
What do you think about the Ozone 9/ Neutron EQs? I got it but then tried Fabfilter Q3 and it sounds really nice.
Have to agree, Q3 reigns supreme :)

> Neutron3 blows Q3 out the water
Are you comparing only the EQ section, or altogether as a channel strip vs an EQ?

Isn't the upgrade about 400 bucks? It's not worth it for me. Ozone 8 Advanced has Tonal Balance Control already.

I love Neutron though but again the updates aren't major. Might wait until next version's closing sale.

I get so confused with all their bundles and crossgrades.

Return to “Effects”