vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm

pianoman

practicing :hihi: for this months contest "solo instrument plus voice..."
i cant play piano, as you will know doubt realise, but i can set loopers going then play some chromatic nonsense and see what happens.
some distortion and reverb too, because whats life without distortion and reverb?

User avatar
Erisian
KVRAF
1599 posts since 21 Mar, 2020

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Fri May 29, 2020 12:46 pm

That's a really interesting and vurtish take on the theme and I'm looking forward to the finished product. In "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" I always thought that the devil should have won the contest because he played the fiddle in a far more inventive way than Johnny and it sounded awesome. I wish you all the best in this contest. :tu:

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6382 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm

:clap:
Image

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2995 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Fri May 29, 2020 9:45 pm

:tu:

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
20077 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm
whats life without distortion and reverb?
more hygienic
I may be locatable @:
FB: Public

User avatar
StudioDave
KVRian
1076 posts since 23 Jun, 2007 from Findlay OH USA

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 am

Well, as cover versions go, it's quite different from Billy Joel's original. Regarding the mix, the vocal could probably come forward a bit more, it's difficult to make out the lyrics in some parts. :-D

Neat work, vurt. One of my favorites so far. Did you do it all with hardware only ?

Best,

dp

User avatar
ANVILMESA
KVRer
29 posts since 28 May, 2020 from SF, CA

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Sat May 30, 2020 9:18 am

Hmm player not working for me? πŸ’š

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6382 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Sat May 30, 2020 9:29 am

ANVILMESA wrote: ↑
Sat May 30, 2020 9:18 am
Hmm player not working for me? πŸ’š
try a right click > open in new tab ...
Image

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
537 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Sat May 30, 2020 10:52 am

Player works fine. Good job, you captured that -I dont know what the hell I am doing- feeling greatly with this one.
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

rp314
KVRAF
2857 posts since 25 Mar, 2006 from The city by the bay

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm
i cant play piano, as you will know doubt realise, but i can set loopers going then play some chromatic nonsense and see what happens.
On a MIDI keyboard?

And FYI, from what I've observed there have been very few accomplished keyboard players participating in the contest. In fact, one whose name escapes me right now I think used to win frequently because he had special piano playing skills that folks tend to admire so much.
Mechanical skills, mental skills-you've got to have both if you want to play the instrument.
-George Van Eps

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:59 am

Erisian wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 12:46 pm
That's a really interesting and vurtish take on the theme and I'm looking forward to the finished product. In "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" I always thought that the devil should have won the contest because he played the fiddle in a far more inventive way than Johnny and it sounded awesome. I wish you all the best in this contest. :tu:
the contest is just for fun :hihi:
never aim to win, only to try something i might not otherwise :)
the eventual entry might be less strange, not sure yet :)

thanks for listening :)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:59 am

experimental.crow wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 pm
:clap:
:party:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 pm

pekbro wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 9:45 pm
:tu:
:phones:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 pm

jancivil wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 pm
vurt wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 pm
whats life without distortion and reverb?
more hygienic
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
67105 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - pianoman. (weird piano stuff...)

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:02 pm

StudioDave wrote: ↑
Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 am
Well, as cover versions go, it's quite different from Billy Joel's original. Regarding the mix, the vocal could probably come forward a bit more, it's difficult to make out the lyrics in some parts. :-D

Neat work, vurt. One of my favorites so far. Did you do it all with hardware only ?

Best,

dp
this ones all software.
due to corona i dont have access to the two pianos i could normally :(
also, not sure im allowed near my aunties anymore since dropping a bag of marbles in to the back :hihi:

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”