Orchestral melodic question/answer theme

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Ingo Wegener
KVRist
53 posts since 15 Nov, 2018

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi everyone, this time I wrote an orchestral question/answer theme. Let me know what you think.
https://soundcloud.com/ingo_wegener/inner-child

Ingo Wegener
KVRist

Re: Orchestral melodic question/answer theme

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:02 pm

And like always I made screencast for those who prefer YouTube. The audio/video sync somehow went not so good at the end of the track 🙈
https://youtu.be/HBHPWh_m6-M

Bansaw
KVRian
1156 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Very nice lush strings, good brass. And some nice touches like the trem at 1:13-16.
Good top line winds.
Would have liked to hear a subtle timpani roll somewhere, or some perc (apart from glock).
You have some pretty good sample libs, CSS etc. Sound nice. I dont have CSS or Cine... yet, I might go for Ark 1 & 2 maybe in the future. I like the deep, dramatic sounds.

Ingo Wegener
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Thank you 🙏
I think I’ll develop the piece , and than there’ll be percussions 😉

Ingo Wegener
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:33 am

Here’s a list of the libraries I used.
Spitfire‘s Symphonic Evolutions , Spitfire‘s Studio Woodwinds Core , Cinesamples‘ CineWinds Core , Cinematic Studio Strings, Cinematic Studio Brass , NI’s Symphonic Percussion for the glockenspiel

Bansaw
KVRian
1156 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 am

Ingo Wegener wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:33 am
Here’s a list of the libraries I used.
Spitfire‘s Symphonic Evolutions , Spitfire‘s Studio Woodwinds Core , Cinesamples‘ CineWinds Core , Cinematic Studio Strings, Cinematic Studio Brass , NI’s Symphonic Percussion for the glockenspiel
I actually have Symphonic Evolutions and NI Percussion; great timpani, but the tuned perc is not great imho (although if you use the close mic its better). I prefer the LCO Textures Evolutions to the SSE. I might pick up Ark 1 & 2, there's nothing left at Spitfire that excites me. The BBC orchestra was not appealing enough for me.

Ingo Wegener
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:10 am

Tbh , things like Ark1-3 or the Albions , I’m not a big fan of these ensembles. I like to have the single instruments rather than high or low strings , brass or woodwinds. I have some but use them very rarely

JCJR
KVRAF
2978 posts since 17 Apr, 2005 from S.E. TN

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 am

Very well put together.

Question and Answer made me think of the gospel/jazz/R&B tradition Call and Response.

They might be somewhat semantically equivalent but the Responsr tends to affirm the Call. Wheras an Answer need neither affirm nor refute a Question, possibly instead adding new information pr even changing the subject via non sequitur. :)

Is there yet another commonly-named trope for "musical argument" where Statement is always followed by Refutation?

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
16219 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:44 am

Lovely understated composition with a lovely sound :tu:

Erisian
KVRAF
1601 posts since 21 Mar, 2020

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:49 am

Beautiful well produced and excellently articulated. I wouldn't have thought that something so expressive could come out of samples. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Ingo Wegener
KVRist

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks guys. What I gained about the feedback is that I have to expand the track . Most people say it must be longer cause it sounds not finished. I’ll post the new version when it’s done.

Return to “Music Cafe”