Oyun - Ethnic/Progressive Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
abi
KVRian
731 posts since 11 May, 2004 from cologne,germany

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:54 pm

https://soundcloud.com/abiuslu/oyun

Hi there,

this is a little piece I recorded, feedback welcome!

Have a nice day :-)

abi
KVRian

Re: Oyun - Ethnic/Progressive Rock

Post Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 am

deleted

abi
KVRian

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:13 am

So I worked a little more on this and updated the file.

Erisian
KVRAF
1601 posts since 21 Mar, 2020

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:24 am

Awesome work abi. No criticisms at all. I'm a big prog fan and this is fantastic! :tu:

EDIT: This was so fantastic I decided to follow you.

mountainmaster
KVRist
68 posts since 10 Jun, 2007

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:06 am

:tu: Nice King Crimson vibe. Well done!

jancivil
KVRAF
20096 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:11 am

excellent
I may be locatable @:
FB: Public

abi
KVRian

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Wow, thanks for the nice responses! I will try to tame the hihats a bit maybe and also try to mix the mids/lowmids a bit more so the various licks can be better heard...anyway, I´m happy you enjoyed it! :D

jancivil
KVRAF
20096 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:39 pm

drums were particularly on-point, I say
I may be locatable @:
FB: Public

ariston
KVRAF
3663 posts since 28 Jun, 2009 from Wherever I lay my hat

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Music of a progressive bent without Kitsch is always welcome. Nicely done, definitely getting a King Crimson vibe, with Robert Fripp in benevolent mode.

abi
KVRian

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:03 am

Very cool, thank you guys!

hotmitts
KVRist
424 posts since 27 Nov, 2003 from UK, Polegate

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 am

Wow that's impressive ! I see what people are saying about the King Crimson vibe (around the Adrian Belew period maybe ?) Big fan of the Frippster myself haha
Be very interested to hear how you put it together/what you used if you can be arsed !

abi
KVRian

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Thanks hotmitts!

King Crimson is mentioned so often here, I really should go listen to them :lol: (never ever listened to them, at least not „consciously“).

I will have a look at the project when I‘m home in order to describe what I used!

:D
Last edited by abi on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

abi
KVRian

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:14 am

@hotmitts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec79p3q1je7z4 ... 0.png?dl=0

This is a screenshot of the arrangement and mixer view, you can see all plugins I used. The only arranging technique I consciously applied was layering: for example the dominant guitar riff in the chorus is introduced with 2 tracks during verse/bridge, and than in the chorus doubled by two more guitar tracks and a synth lead.

I put "some" effort in the guitar sounds (after a few days I already think, it was too little effort): the amps as you can see are all by nembrini audio/plugin alliance. but i have quite a selection of cabinets in two notes wall of sound. I try to find a good guitar sound by finding the right cabinet and microphone positions, so i dont have to do much eqing except for high and low pass.

Thank you for your interest, if you want to know something specific let me know!

hotmitts
KVRist
424 posts since 27 Nov, 2003 from UK, Polegate

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:30 am

abi wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:14 am
@hotmitts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec79p3q1je7z4 ... 0.png?dl=0

This is a screenshot of the arrangement and mixer view, you can see all plugins I used. The only arranging technique I consciously applied was layering: for example the dominant guitar riff in the chorus is introduced with 2 tracks during verse/bridge, and than in the chorus doubled by two more guitar tracks and a synth lead.

I put "some" effort in the guitar sounds (after a few days I already think, it was too little effort): the amps as you can see are all by nembrini audio/plugin alliance. but i have quite a selection of cabinets in two notes wall of sound. I try to find a good guitar sound by finding the right cabinet and microphone positions, so i dont have to do much eqing except for high and low pass.

Thank you for your interest, if you want to know something specific let me know!
Thanks for sharing abi - it's just good to see how others work generally, and what they use, I'm always impressed when people get the VST drums to sit with their audio....my MIDI drum-tracks never seem to sit with my guitar audio for instance, it's like 2 separate things

Meanwhile if you're interested here are some King Crimson faves from different periods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpMyf9EJDFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glh1oD92Ac0

abi
KVRian

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:52 am

Great thanks! I can see what people mean listening to the first song immediately! :tu: :D

Return to “Music Cafe”