Another new song I'd like you guys to check out

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
an-electric-heart
KVRAF
2146 posts since 13 Jun, 2008 from Napier,New Zealand

Post Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Right, this one came together super quickly, only three days or so since conception until the point it's at now.
I had a bunch of ideas and things I wanted to try; I wanted to write something a little bit Prince-ish, I wanted to take my Arturia synths for a spin (I got them ages ago, but haven't started a new song in ages, I'm just focusing on finishing ones that have been on the go for a long time), I wanted to sing an entire song with falsetto lead, I wanted to write a song with that classic shoo-wop chord progression (G,E minor, D,C... not realizing until later that was the 'Purple Rain' chords... duh... I said I wanted to do something 'prince inspired', but that part was just a coincidence :dog: , I don't think this song sounds like Purple Rain anyway, even if it does use the same chords).

Please don't tell me what to do to make it sound more like Prince, I'm not trying "write a Prince song", I just meant that was the starting point.

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... letting-go
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borilast
KVRer
1 posts since 1 May, 2020

Re: Another new song I'd like you guys to check out

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:43 pm

nice work..liked

Bansaw
KVRian
1156 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 pm

Wow, you're hitting the high notes there well. You have a good range.
"High cost of letting go" sounds like there's a story in the song somewhere but I can't quite make out the lyrics. Would be nice if the lyrics were pasted underneath so I could get into the song more.

an-electric-heart
KVRAF

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:49 am

Bansaw wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 pm
Wow, you're hitting the high notes there well. You have a good range.
"High cost of letting go" sounds like there's a story in the song somewhere but I can't quite make out the lyrics. Would be nice if the lyrics were pasted underneath so I could get into the song more.
Cheers. Yip, I've got a decent range, over three octaves when if I count falsetto. With the album I'm working on, I am deliberately trying to be more dynamic with my voice that I have in the past. I'm using my very highest notes, but also going as low as can at times too.
The line "High Cost of Letting Go" came from a classic industrial/educational film I stumbled across on Prelinger Archives. I was trying to write the words for this song, and just saw that, and thought it was a cool line so I pinched it (I don't often do that, but I'd best be honest). It means something different to me that the way it's being used in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLRpKkghLU

an-electric-heart
KVRAF

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Bump for the new version (in the first post). Still needs a little work.

Return to “Music Cafe”