Demo feedback please?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
OwenDavidson
KVRer
20 posts since 13 Dec, 2019

Post Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:56 am

Hey people, I hope you are all well.
I’d really love to hear some constructive feedback for this demo that I made, e.g. arrangement, mixing, melodics? I’m really just trying to improve.

Thanks,
Owen.

https://soundcloud.com/owen-davidson-2/ ... LnuBTCsSMn

s0m0s
KVRer
6 posts since 15 Jun, 2020

Re: Demo feedback please?

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:53 am

Hi! The sound is good and the mix is good too, sounds balanced and nothing is wrong. Regarding the production some of the sounds are a bit too old school (just personal opinion) like having a piano on a dance song or the main stab sound is not my cup of tea. Transitions are very well done tho and the arrangement of the sounds is good, I like some of the background ones.

So overall sounds good but the feeling I get when I listen to it is that I've heard things like this too much 20 years ago :)

Bansaw
KVRian
1156 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Re: Demo feedback please?

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Arrangement:
Your song has a long intro (too long) should have started at 0:30, you built up to something and then segued into a very mellow arp, which was surprising. At 1:30 the main part of the song starts. Thats a long, long time to move into the main section.
2:02 like the vibe and melody , and 2:20 as well, nice stabbing chords.
Melody:
Overall the song is very cheesy. You can get rid of some cheese by using more complex chords (7ths, sus chords etc, and a different bass note (aks slash chord) to the chord can change its colour).

Return to “Music Cafe”