Introman is a scammer, here's why and what we should look out for

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
TDVV
KVRist
71 posts since 14 Aug, 2019

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:55 am

keyman_sam wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 pm
FYI Paypal refunded my money. Hope the others did too.
What dod u say because i havent been refunded yet or anything

Calenberger
KVRAF
1647 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Introman is a scammer, here's why and what we should look out for

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 am

This thread persuaded me not to buy anymore second hand stuff.
Too risky.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

esppse
KVRist
42 posts since 4 Aug, 2016

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 pm

TDVV wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:55 am
keyman_sam wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 pm
FYI Paypal refunded my money. Hope the others did too.
What dod u say because i havent been refunded yet or anything
I called PayPal for since I felt more comfortable speaking to a rep. I simply told them it was a possible scam and that I haven't recieved the item. It took about 16 days until I got the refund, the extended time may be due to the whole situation with the world.

Insanelysane
KVRian
613 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Oscarfishermusic wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:01 am
It’s not worth calling him out and what he did. Because you give people ideas on what they can do.

Take the L and move on.

You got your more money back.
Great.

This thread i think is worth deleting.
There are two reasons I really dont want the thread deleted so I cant agree to it:
1) personally, I want it on record for Paypal as part of my refund request I sent them a link to this post so they can cross reference with other claims
2) this is invaluable for newer people to kvr to read and understand the nature of this scam and the things they should look out for but may not have considered.

Feel free to move on reading about this as its not relevant to you, but I think it is still very relevant to many.

Insanelysane
KVRian

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 pm

UltraByte wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:14 pm
toneframer wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 pm
Just saw the scam post being referred by Insanelysane. The post content has been edited and cleared out. :o
Here is that link: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=547407

As much as I love KVR Forums, every such scam occurence makes me a bit more hesitant to deal in this forum. :scared:
not sure if someone wrote this already (didnt read the whole thread) but in his post there are an unusual amount of people replying (ie constantly bumping the post) and praising him imho. this is something you often see on crypto scams too. scam post with x replies claiming to have had a tremendous experience and payback. maybe a mod can check with the praisers to be sure its still the original kvr account holders and not someone having entered several accounts.
Interesting and valid point I hadnt considered, of course that makes sense.

In my transaction with the scammer they made sure to request I leave positive feedback (and that they had done the same already, which they did). They were polite and 'nice' "have a good weekend buddy". That would have made some feel the need to say "hey this was a good transaction, good guy!". I put feedback on the feedback thread to say all was well, I didnt big it up like someone else here :lol: but they realised they were too quick to sing big praise, lessons learned. Sometimes you make a call and its the wrong one.

PlantsnMusic
KVRer
17 posts since 14 Apr, 2020

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am

My case was denied by PayPal, they claim since the item was delivered to me there is nothing they can do. The seller (intromann) must have shown that the software was delivered to my account.. pretty upset that he will get away with it...

PlantsnMusic
KVRer

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:19 am

PlantsnMusic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am
My case was denied by PayPal, they claim since the item was delivered to me there is nothing they can do. The seller (intromann) must have shown that the software was delivered to my account.. pretty upset that he will get away with it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oscarfishermusic
KVRist
91 posts since 25 Jul, 2019

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Paypal is right and the company should be giving you a free license for the mishap. my opinion is once the company transfers the license to you and says you have it. you own it. its good to go. the company should have your back. and make sure you have the license at the end of the day.

Insanelysane
KVRian

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:24 pm

PlantsnMusic wrote:
This is very disappointing because if you clearly stated the purchase was made using fraudulent credit card as evidenced by this thread then Paypal essentially are letting the scammer get away with it, they have the power to make decisions for good but are choosing not to act outside of 'on paper' info such as you still having the license. It really isn't about having the license in our account this issue is about someone else out there in the world who may have been double triple dipped on their credit card and that money has gone straight into the pockets of the scammer, literally stealing, and Paypal have chosen NOT to take that money out of the scammers bank account and back into the innocent (especially since a chargeback is entirely possible within next few months).
Very disappointing. Do you have an option for an appeal? This is why I was saying its important a license is revoked by the company to avoid confusion on delivery of the license.

Insanelysane
KVRian

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Oscarfishermusic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:06 pm
Paypal is right and the company should be giving you a free license for the mishap. my opinion is once the company transfers the license to you and says you have it. you own it. its good to go. the company should have your back. and make sure you have the license at the end of the day.
Yes and no because a company may feel that this isnt their fight, not their responsibility especially for a second hand market - even though the serials ended up being new, the nature of the purchase was outside of their online shop or resellers so they dont want their hands dirty with second hand squabbles.
They may view their licenses as having value they are not willing to let go of especially when a chargeback is made against the license and the company loses the purchase price on that license. To them it looks like they're in the minus now, financially projecting losses here, whereas Paypal could have stopped the scammer in their tracks and prevented any discomfort to the buyer.

PlantsnMusic
KVRer

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Insanelysane wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:24 pm
PlantsnMusic wrote:
This is very disappointing because if you clearly stated the purchase was made using fraudulent credit card as evidenced by this thread then Paypal essentially are letting the scammer get away with it, they have the power to make decisions for good but are choosing not to act outside of 'on paper' info such as you still having the license. It really isn't about having the license in our account this issue is about someone else out there in the world who may have been double triple dipped on their credit card and that money has gone straight into the pockets of the scammer, literally stealing, and Paypal have chosen NOT to take that money out of the scammers bank account and back into the innocent (especially since a chargeback is entirely possible within next few months).
Very disappointing. Do you have an option for an appeal? This is why I was saying its important a license is revoked by the company to avoid confusion on delivery of the license.
That is my thoughts exactly, they are allowing a scammer go get away with this. Luckily goodhertz have said they will honor my license, this was after filing the claim. I am not sure about an appeal process. It just seems odd PayPal would give others their money back from the same person but not me? Unless this is one of his many accounts with them. I am thinking of calling a PayPal representative and talking them through the situation to see if there is anyway to get the money from the scammer. Even if I never see a penny of it I just want the “bad guy” to not get away with it at this point.

PlantsnMusic
KVRer

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:11 pm

This also has me nervous about future scammers and the possibility of not getting money back through PayPal who have typically been predisposed to side with the buyers in most cases...

chk071
KVRAF
24719 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Cyber crime is still much to easy... frankly, I don't even know what to do about it, because, as this case shows, it's really difficult to catch the bad guys. As we're also living in societies where prosecution gets more and more obstacles in its way, I don't really see much hope in the future. Guess all we can do is be very, very cautious.
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

PlantsnMusic
KVRer

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm

chk071 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Cyber crime is still much to easy... frankly, I don't even know what to do about it, because, as this case shows, it's really difficult to catch the bad guys. As we're also living in societies where prosecution gets more and more obstacles in its way, I don't really see much hope in the future. Guess all we can do is be very, very cautious.
Cautious indeed. I have learned my lesson. Maybe it pays to buy direct from companies.

Calenberger
KVRAF
1647 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:35 pm

PlantsnMusic wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:47 pm
chk071 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Cautious indeed. I have learned my lesson. Maybe it pays to buy direct from companies.
That's exactly my way now: make a list what you want, wait for a sale and buy directly -> no stress, no NFR, proper registration, support for the developer...
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”