Rising and falling sound from Hermitude - The Buzz

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a short sound at around 1:06 https://youtu.be/sTSJcpB9B0Y?t=66

I can't seem to be able to reproduce the buzzy texture and the pitch glide (or is it the filter closing?)

It never sounds right no matter what I do :cry:

Use a saw and some white noise send that into a distortion plugin that has a lot of modulation capabilities.
then play with the shape of the white noise and the volume as the distortion is on it and you hear how it alters the sound.
Then add some OTT after that.

Every synth and every distortion plugin will give a very different result but that will get you close.

That farty top end happens when you mix saw frequencies and white noise and pass it through distortion.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm Use a saw and some white noise send that into a distortion plugin that has a lot of modulation capabilities.
then play with the shape of the white noise and the volume as the distortion is on it and you hear how it alters the sound.
Then add some OTT after that.

Every synth and every distortion plugin will give a very different result but that will get you close.

That farty top end happens when you mix saw frequencies and white noise and pass it through distortion.
Thank you so much! I was able to get a somewhat similar texture by using a specific noise sample (it didn't work with others, not sure why).

It's like cooking a certain meal but you keep fuckin it up although you know which ingredients go into it.

Glad it worked
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”