The Ystring midi MPE guitar-like prototype

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two Sensels? But what is below them? Can’t see it...
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:20 pm Two Sensels?
yes, it seems, but with joué overlays..
perhaps more stuff...

The Joué guitar overlays look very different, could be a simple paper. I have done overlays with paper...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:26 pm The Joué guitar overlays look very different, could be a simple paper. I have done overlays with paper...
yes you can make overlays with paper of course, but that xy pad left (for him right), it looks joué inspired. but a fret is a fret, and does looks different. don't own a joué by the way, another MPE "system".

His replies on YT indicate this is a prototype for a actual controller hes working on with Joué.

To me the custom overlay on the Morphs look 3D and not just paper.
(Ive got the innovators overlay Ive yet to try)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi, from France.
Here i use Joué overlays. They are cut in pieces.
I choose this solution to be able to close my eyes while improvising.
Thanks

very clever, :tu:

This is another vid :

https://youtu.be/-Qhl9_F4y3o

Would love to see how this transitions from the prototype to the "actual" controller design.
Take care :wink:

Hi, i will explain why and how i did make this instrument in a next video on my youtube page, with a review of all the attempt to realize a guitar-like midi controller.
I ‘ll show why this is the best solution for guitarists or bassists, and what will be my goals. Thanks.
Yann

Return to “Instruments”