Voltage Modular 2.0.22 Released!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
cherryDan
KVRist
155 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:15 am

KVR friends,

Today we've released Voltage Modular 2.0.22, which includes minor bug fixes for the best modular experience yet! We've been working directly with our developers and our beta testers to find and fix every little issue in the new Voltage Modular 2.0 software, and 2.0.22 is packed with all sorts of little fixes.

As always, the update will arrive automatically when you run Voltage Modular, or you can choose to download it immediately on the Voltage Modular Download Page.

For a complete list of changes to Voltage Modular 2.0.22, visit the Voltage Modular Version History page.

Module developers will find several important new features in Voltage Modular Designer 2.0.22, including the new ability to modify a module's source code with your favorite editor.

For a complete list of changes to Voltage Module Designer 2.0.22, visit the Voltage Module Designer Version History page.

Thanks!
Dan and the Cherry Audio Team

SLiC
KVRAF
5318 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:42 am

Nice release, thanks!
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
2324 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

Just popping in to say I had parked VM for a few months, but the new version and modules have made it a ton of fun. I doubled down by finally buying a bunch of things for it I’d had on my wish list.

Got some feature requests:

Something like a cabinet within a cabinet, a black box, which lets you work on a patch for say a drum machine and make it something you can drop into other cabinets where it just appears like one module with its own macros and inputs/outputs available.

An optional CPU meter for standalone.

Stop and Play buttons in the Perform section to emulate DAW play/stop to make it easier to sync play and stop a load of separate sequencers.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31615 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 am

Would be great if the performer macros automatically had automation targets for hosts

SLiC
KVRAF
5318 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:21 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

Stop and Play buttons in the Perform section to emulate DAW play/stop to make it easier to sync play and stop a load of separate sequencers.
I already requested both of those over at the CA Forum.

I have a ton of dead space (almost 2/3rds of the screen) after the fixed top module(s) so there is loads of room for this type of stuff (also to put the performer section to the side rather than below)

Current layout seems designed for a laptop- I have a 32 inch monitor and there is a lot of wasted screen and no ability to move things around.
Win 10 PC+ Surface with an X32 Desk, BWS, Live and Studio One, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
2324 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 am

SLiC wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:21 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 am

I already requested both of those over at the CA Forum.

I have a ton of dead space (almost 2/3rds of the screen) after the fixed top module(s) so there is loads of room for this type of stuff (also to put the performer section to the side rather than below)

Current layout seems designed for a laptop- I have a 32 inch monitor and there is a lot of wasted screen and no ability to move things around.
Editing below so I get my terminology right. I thought the whole patch was in a cabinet, but the cabinet is the individual shelves.

Collapsible/expandable cabinets within a patch was going to be another ask. That would cure a lot of issues I have where even the most complex part of something I'm working on will fit within three cabinets without needing to scroll, but the 'whole' patch may need a fair few more than 3.

The 'black box' object-oriented approach of having patches as objects within patches would probably be my number one fix for that situation though.

Return to “Cherry Audio”