Unfiltered Audio Effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beware about buying G8 if you're an FL Studio user, as the plugin doesn't work properly in that DAW. They know about the issue but have never fixed it.

GaryG wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 am
mrj1nx wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am Didnt like the UX of Byome & Triad, too small area makes it feel cramped to work in, dont know if they've added scalable work area yet?
They added scaling in the last betas (don't know if PA version has it yet) so you can resize everything as usual but also drag the window wider to accommodate more visible modules.
Thats great news! I'll have to trial them again now :)

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:30 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:46 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 pm Only buy when on insane deals
Like now (33 hours of the sale left)
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... =productAZ
their spot sales can go even cheaper than that
There's an extra $20 off with this code: MEGA-SALE-20-OFF
That's Indent 2 & Sandman for free ...
Thought about getting one of them, but then decided to get the bx_meter for free... seriously, those UA GUI's are so butt ugly for me that I can't imagine using them at all. And that comes from someone who surely isn't the most aesthetic when it comes to software GUI design. Worst GUI's ever for me. It's unfortunate, because, I really feel like it's the main thing putting me off from even trying them, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Definitely "for you" as their GUIs are not "butt ugly" to me at all. :tu:

Got Dent 2 for free. What PA is doing is beyond my mind but I'm not an salesman so I have no clue. All I now is that I almost feel guilty to get their stuff for almost nothing. I got Sandman Pro, Zip, Triad, Lion, now Dent 2 and I max. spend 60€ when I remember correctly. So round about 12€ per plugin. That's crazy regarding the quality.
rabbit in a hole

sinkmusic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:56 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:43 pm I got 'Zip' (the compressor) [...] I have to say I am seriously impressed, this is one of the most interesting and creative compressors I have come across, and it sounds great.
I'd be curious to get some tips on the best way to use it, because i have demoed it a couple days ago and was still quite underwhelmed (while most UA plugins are rather innovative and powerful, i didn't find anything special with ZIP).
I have been using it mainly on Guitar and Bass (as thats what I play) and have found it to be a good general compressor with a few interesting tricks. The creative stuff come from linking the compress to things other than how loud the signal is, for example, compressing on 'quietness' I have been able to make some nice infinite sustain/ebow like patches with a bit of LFO on to get a vibrato just on the sustained part. Only had it a day, probably lots more can be done, but I think its a good all round compressor with interesting input options for what get compressed, an expander, good visualisation, saturation/filters options and a modulation system...must be worth a tenner :)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Autobot wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 am Got Dent 2 for free. What PA is doing is beyond my mind but I'm not an salesman so I have no clue.
Considering how big PA and Waves are, I have a feeling that they're doing something right.

I wonder how it works though.. do the developers at Unfiltered Audio get a say on PA putting their hard work up on sale constantly?
:borg:

However it works for them: there are new FX from Unfiltered Audio announced by D*rk (coming soon).

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am I wonder how it works though.. do the developers at Unfiltered Audio get a say on PA putting their hard work up on sale constantly?
Maybe the dev's getting a fix amount of money for every sold product plus some % (like 10) of the actual price? Let's say for every sold Zip UA gets 20€ + 3€ from the actual price investment? Maybe the devs even get some bucks from license transfers? 20$ is quite steep for a process which is done by the owner.

Dunno but I assume they offer good deals + good infrastructure for the devs. And probably a huge amount of sold copies.
rabbit in a hole

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:53 am I wonder how it works though.. do the developers at Unfiltered Audio get a say on PA putting their hard work up on sale constantly?
It usually works like that. Publishers which publish on Steam have a say on the discounts, and the amount or revenues that Steam gets is also a matter of negotiation (not the fixed 30% that some stupid people on the net always claimed...).

It might be different of course if the brands have actually been acquired.

Presumably once the software is delivered to PA they take on all delivery costs. UA then are just maintaining the plugins - whatever that cost is. So the sale price can be very very low and still be profit once the initial investment of time is paid for.
Also maybe they do an annualised average cost per plugin and vary prices accordingly eg we target 1000 units with average price of 30 to make a profit. Sell 250 at 60, 250 at 40, 500 at 10. We have now made a profit and can continually sell at between 30 and 10 for more profit whilst appearing to be selling cheap

kenny saunders wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm Just recently came across the Unfiltered Audio effects, particularly spec ops seems very impressive in the different kind of things you can do with it.
These are some fun plugins.
You can do some gnarly sound twisting with these.

The promised voucher doesn’t work for me. I paste the code and after rebuilding the site it shows the same price as before...

Autobot wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am Dunno but I assume they offer good deals + good infrastructure for the devs. And probably a huge amount of sold copies.
I don't blame the devs, having all the website, shopping cart, payment malarky and support dealt with by someone else must be a major load off their shoulders. Especially with all the security that needs to be in place nowadays.

Maybe it's like some retail deals and the plugs are bought at a unit price and PA are free to charge what they want, loss leaders, bulk selling etc. Hope it's not a separate deal per plug...

'good news, we sold 500 Dents over the weekend'

'woo hoo!'

'unfortunately sold at 19.99, all paid for with $20 vouchers so you owe us $5...'

:)

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:22 pm The promised voucher doesn’t work for me. I paste the code and after rebuilding the site it shows the same price as before...
The MEGA-SALE-20-OFF one? Was extended to 2nd July so should work unless you've already used it since the reset... I have had trouble with their cart before, not removing items and updating strangely. Ended up removing everything, making sure I was signed in first, then starting again.

Return to “Effects”