Issue I'm having with Reason Rack plugin in VM2 standalone Plugin Host, but works fine in DAW, other user has no issues

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get the latest version of the Reason Rack plugin (11.3d36) to work with Vintage Modular (latest build - 2.0.22) on my Windows 10 Pro x64 system.

I can get an earlier build of Reason Rack to work (11.0d475), but that doesn't allow MIDI out which is what I'd love to get working so I can use the MIDI players in Reason Rack to generate sequences in VM.

The error I get is pretty generic
"The plug-in host did not load. Please make sure the plug-in is 64 bit" (I'm pretty sure it is!)
and there's nothing about it in the VM log or anything in the Windows Event Viewer.

Anyone got the latest Reason Rack 11.3 VST working in VM 2 on Win 10?
Any ideas short of trying to completely uninstall and reinstall Reason?

Edit: And now I've tested it with loading VM2 inside a DAW (Bitwig) and it works fine, latest version everything - can get the Player to work etc. Strange stuff.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get the latest version of the Reason Rack plugin (11.3d36) to work with Vintage Modular (latest build - 2.0.22) on my Windows 10 Pro x64 system.

I can get an earlier build of Reason Rack to work (11.0d475), but that doesn't allow MIDI out which is what I'd love to get working so I can use the MIDI players in Reason Rack to generate sequences in VM.

The error I get is pretty generic
"The plug-in host did not load. Please make sure the plug-in is 64 bit" (I'm pretty sure it is!)
and there's nothing about it in the VM log or anything in the Windows Event Viewer.

Anyone got the latest Reason Rack 11.3 VST working in VM 2 on Win 10?
Any ideas short of trying to completely uninstall and reinstall Reason?
i tried it just yet, win 10 (2004), latest build reason, vm 2.0.22.
works, i get the message, which plugin you want to load, because it contains 2 plugins.
reason rack
reason effect.

works. what the problem is in your case? i use login for reason 11, by the way.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 am i tried it just yet, win 10 (2004), latest build reason, vm 2.0.22.
works, i get the message, which plugin you want to load, because it contains 2 plugins.
reason rack
reason effect.
works. what the problem is in your case? i use login for reason 11, by the way.
OK thanks, good if you can see it working as it means I can hopefully fix it by doing a full uninstall/reinstall. Can you double check it lets you add just a Player e.g. Scales and Chords and that it automatically gives you a MIDI OUT device after? If it lets you do that then it's definitely something to do with my setup.

Oh and just to check - I got this in standalone VM2, same with you?

Are you safe?

OK, so this seems to work fine if I load VM2 in a DAW like Bitwig, but not if I run it standalone. Odd, but I can live without standalone anyway.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 am OK, so this seems to work fine if I load VM2 in a DAW like Bitwig, but not if I run it standalone. Odd, but I can live without standalone anyway.
strange in standalone it works, i will try it again, on other system.

on other system, also win 10 (2004) but pro, up to date. also intel based, self built, other system i used, was a laptop (not self-built, that i can't..).

in standalone, i can choose between reason rack plugin and reason effect plugin. both work in standalone.

i also use Voltage Modular most of the times standalone (although i bought it to make effects, but the road changed...).

very odd.

there is a cherry audio forum in KVR. and a forum on their website. two fora...

we have the same OS, same build of VM and reason. virusscanner? (the first thing i nowadays try, because had audio drop-outs, some years ago, did everything, except reinstalling (after format) windows, it was the: virusscanner.)

other things that can be a problem. i don't know. strangely the vst is in a subfolder x86_64 win. there is no vst3 32 bits? it seems to be shell. so...

program files\common files/vst3\Reason Rack Plugin.vst3\contents\x86_64 win\Reason Rack Plugin.vst3

and there it is... i think you have the right location, but perhaps...

Yeah all the same locations etc. I can live with using it in a DAW now anyway so it's fine. Thanks for checking your system.

Are you safe?

Return to “Cherry Audio”