About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll give an update on M9 next week :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:46 pm
mutools wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:46 pm
Rodulf wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm Will 9.0 be an upgrade for those of us that have purchased MUX? Or do we have to buy it?
There will be a MuLab 8 -> MuLab 9 App upgrade path and a MUX 8 Plugin -> MuLab 9 Plugin upgrade path.
What if you have both? Given that you've said they're being merged.
I was wondering this too. But for me the biggest improvement ( as a necessity to compete ) would be vst3 support and not just a vst3 "only version" (not as 32 and 64 Mulab versions are now), oh waves working without having to use a "shell" would be the icing on the cake . :D :tu:

Rodulf wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm Will 9.0 be an upgrade for those of us that have purchased MUX? Or do we have to buy it?
There will be a MuLab 8 -> MuLab 9 App upgrade path and a MUX 8 Plugin -> MuLab 9 Plugin upgrade path.
Sorry, it seems i've missed this post.
If you have both MuLab 8 and MUX 8 and you both bought them on/after Wed 21 Oct 2020 you'll get a free upgrade to both of them. If you only bought one of them on/after Wed 21 Oct 2020 you'll get a free upgrade for that one, and be able to buy the upgrade to other one. If you have both MuLab 8 and MUX 8 from before Wed 21 Oct 2020 then you'll be able to buy the upgrade one or both of them to their respective M9 version.

mutools wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:52 am
If you have both MuLab 8 and MUX 8 and you both bought them on/after Wed 21 Oct 2020 you'll get a free upgrade to both of them. If you only bought one of them on/after Wed 21 Oct 2020 you'll get a free upgrade for that one, and be able to buy the upgrade to other one. If you have both MuLab 8 and MUX 8 from before Wed 21 Oct 2020 then you'll be able to buy the upgrade one or both of them to their respective M9 version.
Sorry I may have missed or misunderstood something, then. Do you mean they're not being merged?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am
mutools wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:52 am
Sorry I may have missed or misunderstood something, then. Do you mean they're not being merged?
I also read it as though Mulab and MUX were to be merged. :oops:

They're merged functionally-wise, but they keep being separate products, just like MuLab 8 and MUX 8. MUX 8 also was already 90% the same as MuLab, except for all of the song composer. The good thing about being separate products is that users can only buy what they need. A MuLab app (stand-alone) user may not the the MuLab plug-in version at all, and vice-versa.

mutools wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:47 pm They're merged functionally-wise, but they keep being separate products
Ah, I see. Cheers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Is there a native Linux version?

No, there is no native linux version (yet).

mutools wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 pm No, there is no native linux version (yet).
Ok, thanks for the reply. I just found out about MuLab yesterday, so I was hoping to see a Linux version. I do like what I saw so far about MuLab. It looks simple to use, but powerful. That's what I'm looking for in a DAW. I hope you can make a Linux version with LV2 support.

Cheers!

I've heard that people are using MuLab via Wine on Linux and that it works fine.

Yes, it works fine. MuLab 8 32 bit and 64 bit.
I have tested it on ubuntu studio 19

I use mulab on Linux and Mac.On Linux with mxlinux-64bit (Mulab8 32/64bit) with wine and wineasio.Also on linux i use reaper-64bit native and use often carlavst-plugin for .dll plugins.

Hi Everyone,

An update on MuLab 9:

With MuLab 9 there are 2 main goals:

1) Make MuLab also available as a plug-in, thus merging MuLab and MUX Modular Plug-in.
This also means that the composer becomes a module, which gives new creative options.
Of course it's also possible to use MuLab 9 Plug-In as a pure synth/effect plug-in just like MUX Modular 8 Plug-In.
These dev works are 97% done towards beta testing.

2) The Live Part Matrix, which is something like in Logic Live Loops, Live Session View, Bitwig Clip Launcher.
These dev works are 70% done.

As the MuLab as app + plug-in goal is almost reached, i'll soon focus again on the Live Part Matrix and estimate how much work it still takes to get this ready to rock.
If it would still take too much time then it may be that the Live Part Matrix is postponed to M9.x, because the M9 R&D already took a vast amount of time.
(M9 is about several serious architectural changes, also wrt future developments in mind)
But i still hope that M9.0 can be released with both features together.

Anyway, even without the Live Part Matrix, M9.0 also already has this new feature:
You can define cue points in a composition and play these live from MIDI notes, or sequence them from a parent/meta composer. This feature is appart from the forthcoming Live Part Matrix. In fact it originated as one of the various methods to sync MuLab 9 plug-in with a host DAW, but grew to a real musical feature for both the app & plug-in versions.

Stay tuned!

Enjoy Making Music!

Waiting for the news ...

Return to “MUTOOLS”