Introducing Orb Producer Suite plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got to say, these look beautiful. I do once in a while get an idea to try one of these type of plugins, but never get to it. But I'll keep this one in mind as it seems really promising.
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:18 am I've got to say, these look beautiful. I do once in a while get an idea to try one of these type of plugins, but never get to it. But I'll keep this one in mind as it seems really promising.

This looks really good! I would definitely prefer this sort of direct DAW integration over a standalone solution. I just might have to upgrade to this from Orb Composer!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'm mainly loop-focused and this vst has been one of my go to's the last couple of months.

I've literally went from making ~5 melodies I really liked per month to something like 5-10 melodies I really liked, per day. Not an exaggeration. This thing is unreal when set up inside something like Patcher where it's easy to try out multiple vsts at once and/or change the FX chains all in one place.

What I'll basically do is map all the Orb plugins to a piano instrument, click until it finds a Chord progression/rhythm/melody and arp then once it sounds really good I'll I'll swap the piano to other instruments.

It's probably the most "musical" MIDI generator I've used. Even the melodies I'm not sure of at the beginning sound great when you throw on half-time, gross beat, etc.

The best part is how fast it is when compared to other vsts of this kind: it changes the full on arrangement with one click to where it's like a Spotify for melodies. You simply click until something sounds great or really close to what you want because it'll generate not only new chords and rhythms, but a new melody, arp and bass line along with it. I'm pretty sure I spend much more time working on the drums than I do the melodies now.

What I'd like to see:
1. The ability to pull in your own chords/midi and have it generate the rest.
2. Copy and pasting themes.
3. Option to voice lead smoother between chords. Sometimes when choosing a substitute chord part of that chord gets voiced one or two octaves away.
4. Ability to lock certain parts of the melody at a time in order to randomize other parts. Kind of related to the previous issue, but it'd be nice to control the parameters of one chord's octave, complexity, silence, polyphony, etc. at a time.
5. Option to double/half time the generated sequence.

While those do seem like major criticisms, this vst is insanely good and superior to other generators of its type. I also love how it doesn't lock you into a scale, that's it's very easy to modulate outside of the key, create chromatic movement, etc. I'll go as far to say that it's so effective it's made music production somewhat boring because coming up with good melodies using this vst is entirely too easy to the point that I'll switch to a different workflow to make it more challenging.
Last edited by JGM4Ever on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Is there any form of online processing, like the captain plugins?

JGM4Ever wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:41 am I'm mainly loop-focused and this vst has been one of my go to's the last couple of months.

I've literally went from making ~5 melodies I really liked per month to something like 5-10 melodies I really liked, per day. Not an exaggeration. This thing is unreal when set up inside something like Patcher where it's easy to try out multiple vsts at once and/or change the FX chains all in one place.

What I'll basically do is map all the Orb plugins to a piano instrument, click until it finds a Chord progression/rhythm/melody and arp then once it sounds really good I'll I'll swap the piano to other instruments.

It's probably the most "musical" MIDI generator I've used. Even the melodies I'm not sure of at the beginning sound great when you throw on half-time, gross beat, etc.

The best part is how fast it is when compared to other vsts of this kind: it changes the full on arrangement with one click to where it's like a Spotify for melodies. You simply click until something sounds great or really close to what you want because it'll generate not only new chords and rhythms, but a new melody, arp and bass line along with it. I'm pretty sure I spend much more time working on the drums than I do the melodies now.

What I'd like to see:
1. The ability to pull in your own chords/midi and have it generate the rest.
2. Copy and pasting themes.
3. Option to voice lead smoother between chords. Sometimes when choosing a substitute chord part of that chord gets voiced one or two octaves away.
4. Ability to lock certain parts of the melody at a time in order to randomize other parts. Kind of related to the previous issue, but it'd be nice to control the parameters of one chord's octave, complexity, silence, polyphony, etc. at a time.
5. Option to double/half time the generated sequence.

While those do seem like major criticisms, this vst is insanely good. I also love how it doesn't lock you into a scale, that's it's very easy to modulate outside of the key, create chromatic movement, etc. I'll go as far to say that it's so effective that it's made me somewhat bored of making music because it's made coming up with good melodies entirely too easy to the point that I'll switch to a different workflow to make it more challenging.
Thanks a lot for your comment :-)
We will add your requests on our TODO list ;-)

highstandards wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:01 am Is there any form of online processing, like the captain plugins?
Hello, no there is not. You only need internet to activate the product. :wink:

Hexachords wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:56 amHello, no there is not. You only need internet to activate the product. :wink:
Great, thanks!

Hello there,

We have a new tutorial available ;-)

https://youtu.be/s-jfUi7Y7N4

Cheers,

Hello,

We just released a new version of Orb Producer Suite : version 1.3
Here is the video :
https://youtu.be/b069Abp9qQQ

Please come back to me if you have any question ;-)

Hello,

Here is an example of a track made with Orb Producer Suite plugins ;-)

https://youtu.be/j92YO4Cl5OQ

hoth wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm Is there a discount for people who own Orb Composer already?
There should be be.

I bought OC just a few weeks before the plugin release.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

commerce wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am
hoth wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm Is there a discount for people who own Orb Composer already?
There should be be.

I bought OC just a few weeks before the plugin release.
Hello commerce, please write us here ;-)
https://www.orb-composer.com/support-form/

Hello guys,

Orb Producer affiliate program is now active !
We are now offering a partnership program allowing you to earn commissions for sales made on our site www.orb-composer.com .

This partnership is limited to affinity sites, bloggers and influencers in the Music industry.

Here the details:

• 10% commission on every sale
• 60-day cookies
• No partners like: couponers, re-targeters or any Google or SEM specialized companies
• Media contents available (banners, pictures, texts)
• Special campaigns for special events (Black Friday, Christmas, etc.)
• Sales validation under 30 days
• Immediate payment after validation
For any question or request, please contact Jean-Michel by email : jmlange@hexachords.com .

Join here :
https://affilae.com/en/affiliate-progra ... for-music

Hello guys,

There are some new videos about Orb Producer Suite, made by Artists ;)

https://youtu.be/xxcBjnzC8XU
https://youtu.be/Fc3b8CpABAY

Return to “Instruments”