Silk and Concret - A HY-Poly (free) only instrumental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
] Peter:H [
KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:29 am

Soft silky strings vs. dark relentless percussion ... can this work?
I'm curious about what you think about my entry for the current One Synth Challenge

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc1 ... nd-concret

The track was done with HY-Poly free and a very impressive freeby from Valhalla, the SuperMassive reverb. Okay and quite a number of Melda Compressors and Bitwig EQs and other mixing stuff.

wagtunes
KVRAF
19740 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:41 am

Peter, always look forward to listening to stuff you post. Wow, that HY-Poly sounds really good. Who'd a thunk it? I keep forgetting free synths CAN sound good. The song itself is really cool. Love the beat and how it really moves along. What is that like 117 BPM?

Anyway, really enjoyed the listen. Good luck with the OSC. You should do very well with something this well done.

Halonmusic
KVRAF
3989 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am

Very cool track Peter. HY-Poly is a great synth :tu:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket || SoundCloud

empphryio
KVRist
268 posts since 14 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I think it's working really well. Sounds great.

I have been having trouble finding much versatility with it other than adding distortion.

Frantz
KVRAF
5401 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 pm

It has a gothic vibe except that it's uptempo. Great sounds, great synth. Nice work!

KVRian
1124 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:04 am

Hey Franz, Wagtunes, empphryio and Halonmusic,

thanks a lot guys for your feedback! It always good to see you guys here and get a "reminder" to check your tracks as well.
Franz, I listened again to your track "Switch Off The Light" which is quite a ear worm, like is Stevens "Quit the Whining"... both many thumbs up.

Return to “Music Cafe”