A modular journey into psytrance.. sorta toonertic's tricks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's blame MushyMushy for this one...
nah.. that's not fair... It was I who said I'd try a Pys type thingy on the modular.

I have no idea what the rules for the genre are... in fact, never really been bothered by many rules.. (applies to life as well)

So here it is a kinda psy trance "inspired" journey, played live as a performance on the modular.. it picks up some energy as it progresses..

I mhad a lot of fun getting here... a few performances over a few days and I think this is my fav...

to any who give time to ther journey.. I hope you enjoy... the lead voice is a bit cheecky at times.. switching to distorted guitar and back... that is the schipman Omega POhi osc... the modulation rips into it and she squeels some times.. )))
https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/modularpsyt
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:32 pm
This one's for you.. thanks for your toooons... :P

nice!
dunno if its psy :shrug:
dont care! it grooves nicely and theres some nice changes.
one thing i never manage, a structure of noticable sections.
love the glitchy perc and squeals :D

only on the phone at the min btw, so missing anything below 100 ish hz and its in mono.
so no mix comments :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:50 pm nice!
dunno if its psy :shrug:
dont care! it grooves nicely and theres some nice changes.
one thing i never manage, a structure of noticable sections.
love the glitchy perc and squeals :D
yeah... just inspired ... but it does that rapid ta ta ta ta thingy and it's 138 BPM like Mushy... so gotta be close... :lol: :lol: :lol:
structure, that's not so easy unless one has one of those sequensers that are like a DAW.. you know, those menu driven-place every note precisely... man I just mix VOLTS and quantize them... switching and mixing other volts in and out and hoping... ;)
the Omega Phi can squeal... think "Deliverance"
any way thakns for listening.. but there is action below 100Hz... :P

Only just saw this :tu:

Some killer sounds in there. Is it finished or a WIP still?

BTW, 138? Why so slow? :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I like it! How do you like playing the guitar and operating the modular at the same time tooner?
I found it pretty challenging, but I probably just need to get some mutes going in there tbh.

Anyway, I dunno if it's Psy, maybe ask this guy:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:36 pm Some killer sounds in there. Is it finished or a WIP still?

BTW, 138? Why so slow? :hihi:
So old... so slow...

As I perform I'm kinda bepop dancing... fck I'm 66 138 is fast enough now>>> :P

Done and dusted... it's a performance, warts and all. No mixing, no mastering... sometimes a compressor on drums Bax 10dband occasional EQ from the lindell TE-100 ;)

Thanx for listen :)

EDIT: A performance is standing over the machine.. all patched, ideas inside...
and pushing into the future.. every beat, note and movement into the unknown... standing over the console , glowing with lights, like some super flight machine...

You should try it... ;)

:lol:
Last edited by toonertik on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 am I like it! How do you like playing the guitar and operating the modular at the same time tooner?
I found it pretty challenging, but I probably just need to get some mutes going in there tbh.

Anyway, I dunno if it's Psy, maybe ask this guy:

hahaha... NO gtr... that's the Omega Phi... It's the lead voice and changes as I flick a couple of switches bringing in some PM and change ADSR AND gates etc... ;)

Yeah... psy, prob not... just a toonertoon :hihi:

Thanks for listen :tu:

Thoroughly enjoyed. A phasey, flangey glitchfest. Nice work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm Thoroughly enjoyed. A phasey, flangey glitchfest. Nice work! :tu:
glitchfest... not psy....

:cry:

:P

Thanks for listen and comment :tu:

toonertik wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm
jethrobull wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm Thoroughly enjoyed. A phasey, flangey glitchfest. Nice work! :tu:
glitchfest... not psy....

:cry:

:P

GlitchPsyfest? :shrug: :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:00 pm GlitchPsyfest? :shrug: :hihi:
I'll take that>>> :tu:

I like folks with a creative mind

:hihi:

toonertik wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:45 pm I have no idea what the rules for the genre are...
the original rules were: "try to hypnotize the listeners and f*ck their brains with all kinds of weird trippy noises" - which you implemented really well :tu:

Really enjoyed the listen, some absolutely fantastic sounds and textures in there!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 am
toonertik wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:45 pm I have no idea what the rules for the genre are...
the original rules were: "try to hypnotize the listeners and f*ck their brains with all kinds of weird trippy noises" - which you implemented really well :tu:

Really enjoyed the listen, some absolutely fantastic sounds and textures in there!
I like the rule... 'specially the boldy stuff ...
So, it's psy ... woooooohooo (now i'll have to try that "forrest" stuff... bet IT has more rules... I mean Mushy loves it ) ;)

not really my cupa...modular tracks tend to be too repetative for my short
goldfish attention span. record level is a bit low. i think.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”