Moss Flexi Device - Odd Next Clip/Previous Clip Behavior

_ttc_
KVRer
15 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 am

Hi all,

I'm setting up my KMI Softstep for some clip record and navigation functions with the Moss Flexi script and I'm getting some odd behavior.

Every once in awhile the next clip command will send the focus to the nearest scene header rather than the next clip. Please see the video linked below - I'm hitting the "next clip" command to move right, then the "previous clip" command to move left, you'll see it then jump to scene 9 heading right, and then scene 8 heading left, then sends focus back to first clip on the track.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

https://vimeo.com/443443392

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
4517 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 pm

Did you check with a Midi monitor what the SoftStep is spitting out? Its a complex beast, I usually prefer to handle it first with a Max patch. But I have the first version...

moss
KVRAF
2236 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 am

_ttc_ wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:34 am
Hi all,

I'm setting up my KMI Softstep for some clip record and navigation functions with the Moss Flexi script and I'm getting some odd behavior.

Every once in awhile the next clip command will send the focus to the nearest scene header rather than the next clip. Please see the video linked below - I'm hitting the "next clip" command to move right, then the "previous clip" command to move left, you'll see it then jump to scene 9 heading right, and then scene 8 heading left, then sends focus back to first clip on the track.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?
There are some (weird) issues with navigation in relation to groups. Hard to replicate and not always behaves the same. If you can get a clear test case, send it to Bitwig support.

_ttc_
KVRer

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:09 pm
Did you check with a Midi monitor what the SoftStep is spitting out? Its a complex beast, I usually prefer to handle it first with a Max patch. But I have the first version...
Yes, softstep is indeed a complex beast that I've finally made friends with. The midi commands are good, think it's what Moss said, just weird bitwig behavior stuff.

_ttc_
KVRer

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:25 pm

moss wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 am
There are some (weird) issues with navigation in relation to groups. Hard to replicate and not always behaves the same. If you can get a clear test case, send it to Bitwig support.
Thanks Moss. That's what I suspected, as it only happens in certain projects, but good to have confirmation that it's a semi known issue. I'll send it over to Bitwig support.

Return to “Controller Scripting”