atm0spher1c ep - a time that will never be again

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
ecamburn
KVRist
469 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:12 am

http://atm0spher1c.bandcamp.com/album/a ... r-be-again

A group of us in the city where I live have been passing the time during the pandemic with little contests and such. The latest charge was to write a requiem using one of Eno's oblique strategies (chosen through dice roll). The strategy I got was: "Assemble some of the elements in a group and treat the group." I feel like I do variations on this theme, but I did it more and differently this time. :-)

Thanks to anyone who gives it a listen.

Frantz
KVRAF
5395 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 am

Inventive rhythms with a mournful atmosphere. I listened to and enjoyed the first and last tracks in their entirety.

It's a matter of taste but I would have liked less reverb. The last track ended kind of abruptly.

htcnext2
KVRist
473 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:03 am

Great rhythm work on here. Very subby mixes, the dub elements work great. The whole sound aesthetic reminds me on Lorn / Dolor - well done!

recursive one
KVRAF
4961 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:24 am

Very good, the soundscape is very lush and deep with lots of subtle interesting elements and movements.

I liked "Hiding in plain sight" the most, downloaded that one (thanks for the download!)

"A time that will never be again" seems to stop too abruply, was it supposed to be like that?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ecamburn
KVRist
469 posts since 16 Dec, 2003

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 am

Thanks for listening & commenting all. Much appreciated.

@Frantz and @recursive one - thanks for catching the issue with track 4. I didn't allow for the final tail in rendering the master. Fixed now. I meant for downloads to be free for all tracks. Track 2 was set as name your own price and has been changed to free.

@htcnext2 looking up Lorn/Dolor. :-)

@Frantz, I hear you on the reverb. I'm still on a bit of a learning curve with slower more ambient type tunes. Getting the mix with pads, and getting reverb right is something I'm still working on.

Return to “Music Cafe”