atm0spher1c ep - a time that will never be again

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://atm0spher1c.bandcamp.com/album/a ... r-be-again

A group of us in the city where I live have been passing the time during the pandemic with little contests and such. The latest charge was to write a requiem using one of Eno's oblique strategies (chosen through dice roll). The strategy I got was: "Assemble some of the elements in a group and treat the group." I feel like I do variations on this theme, but I did it more and differently this time. :-)

Thanks to anyone who gives it a listen.

Inventive rhythms with a mournful atmosphere. I listened to and enjoyed the first and last tracks in their entirety.

It's a matter of taste but I would have liked less reverb. The last track ended kind of abruptly.

Great rhythm work on here. Very subby mixes, the dub elements work great. The whole sound aesthetic reminds me on Lorn / Dolor - well done!

Very good, the soundscape is very lush and deep with lots of subtle interesting elements and movements.

I liked "Hiding in plain sight" the most, downloaded that one (thanks for the download!)

"A time that will never be again" seems to stop too abruply, was it supposed to be like that?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks for listening & commenting all. Much appreciated.

@Frantz and @recursive one - thanks for catching the issue with track 4. I didn't allow for the final tail in rendering the master. Fixed now. I meant for downloads to be free for all tracks. Track 2 was set as name your own price and has been changed to free.

@htcnext2 looking up Lorn/Dolor. :-)

@Frantz, I hear you on the reverb. I'm still on a bit of a learning curve with slower more ambient type tunes. Getting the mix with pads, and getting reverb right is something I'm still working on.

I just listened to "Hiding in Plain Sight". I really liked the combination of groove, glitch and synths. I liked the "big" sound.

Gonna check out the rest of the EP tomorrow.

Good work :)

Great work! A lot of different colors and tones but also all of a piece; reminded me of a bunch of different artists I can't name at this moment.

I had no idea there was a 30 Day Post Apocalyptic Soundtrack Challenge. Sad to say, Post Apocalypse, making music will be very low on our list of needs since we'll be so busy scrounging the wasteland for rotted food and carrions, beating off hordes of marauders with flamethrowers.

seriously ... I enjoyed it!

Thanks @seismic1 and @djeryld. Appreciate the listens and the comments and the visual imagery of post apocalypse mayhem. It's probably premature to declare post apocalypse. :-)

This is pretty cool. Lot of interesting sounds in it. Good use of panning. I feel like maaybe you could use some stereo separation on some of the sounds though, to fatten it out? Did you do much equalizing / use compressors anywhere? Maybe some sidechaining on the drums. I'm just being picky really. I guess it depends what kind of sound you're going for? Keep at it, I'd be interested in seeing what else you come up with.
01014.org - the 01014 net label
:phones: 24/7 label-community radio :phones:
Submit tracks for radio here
twitch

It took longer than I thought, but I finally managed to listen to the rest of the EP. After the first listen, I was convinced that the first track was the strongest track here. Now I'm not so sure. I think I'll have to listen again.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”