Strange Pursuit (Karma Kover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
Karma_tba
KVRian
1209 posts since 12 Aug, 2004

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:39 am

I come running like a fat boy in lead shoes...running like a fat boy huff...puffin' after you...
https://soundcloud.com/karma_tba/strange-pursuit

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
10400 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:07 pm

Nice choice! I've only got krappy headphones at work, I'll have a good listen later.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Equator, Arcsyn, Pigments, Phase Plant, Union, Substance, TRK-01 | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

User avatar
Karma_tba
KVRian
1209 posts since 12 Aug, 2004

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm

BONES wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:07 pm
Nice choice! I've only got krappy headphones at work, I'll have a good listen later.
It's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.

User avatar
Bansaw
KVRian
1275 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Got some rhythmic elements going on. Lyrics are funny.
I listened on some speakers at work and the vocal was getting lost.
But I'm listening at home and it sounds better.
I enjoyed this one. Well done.

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
10400 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Karma_tba wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm
It's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.
We've been working on an album of covers and we decided to go with Beautiful World but you've inspired me to have a look at something a bit less well known, like Blockhead or Gates of Steel, maybe even Smart Patrol/Mr DNA.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 (Core i7, 32GB RAM, RTX2060, Win10), UR44C | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, Vacuum Pro, Equator, Arcsyn, Pigments, Phase Plant, Union, Substance, TRK-01 | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova.

User avatar
Karma_tba
KVRian
1209 posts since 12 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:16 am

Bansaw wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:39 pm
Got some rhythmic elements going on. Lyrics are funny.
I listened on some speakers at work and the vocal was getting lost.
But I'm listening at home and it sounds better.
I enjoyed this one. Well done.
I did mix this but songwriting credits belong to a lil' band from Ohio...DEVO.

User avatar
Karma_tba
KVRian
1209 posts since 12 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:19 am

BONES wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:45 pm
Karma_tba wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm
It's cool that you recognize the song. I hope you like myself are a spud boy looking for the real tomato. Thanks for checking it out.
We've been working on an album of covers and we decided to go with Beautiful World but you've inspired me to have a look at something a bit less well known, like Blockhead or Gates of Steel, maybe even Smart Patrol/Mr DNA.
You can't go wrong with any one of those. My personal favorite would be Blockhead. "Duty Now For The Future!"

User avatar
biodiode
KVRian
660 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing Karma_tba. Listening on my studio speakers the vocal does get lost at times and masked by the drums, but that's my personal opinion. Cool song :phones: :phones:
Check out more of my work at https://www.adrianearnshaw.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

User avatar
Karma_tba
KVRian
1209 posts since 12 Aug, 2004

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 am

biodiode wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 am
Thanks for sharing Karma_tba. Listening on my studio speakers the vocal does get lost at times and masked by the drums, but that's my personal opinion. Cool song :phones: :phones:
You're not the first to mention the drop out on the vocals. I'm still a noob and to be honest my stuff is hit or miss. Thanks for the input and listen.

Return to “Music Cafe”