Tryptophan [Dark ambient with a Beat]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF
9359 posts since 3 Apr, 2002 from Austin, TX USA

Post Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:52 am

Something almost experimental, but not quite: A DARK AMBIENT PIECE with a BEAT! I know I'll get burned at the Ambient stake for the beat, but.. so what?

https://soundcloud.com/user-867373836/tryptophan

guitarmiester
KVRist
54 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm

The beat works well here. I do like my share of ambient music... until I have to skip and skip and skip ahead to find out if there's anything beyond the sound(s). The beat keeps interest to avoid that. Nice work!

pekbro
KVRAF
3280 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Interesting, I like it though I would have liked a little more contrast on some of the highs, which sounded a little too dark to me, some detail seemed obscured. Could be my speakers tho.

Nice work,

-Cheers

SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:48 am

guitarmiester wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 pm
The beat works well here. I do like my share of ambient music... until I have to skip and skip and skip ahead to find out if there's anything beyond the sound(s). The beat keeps interest to avoid that. Nice work!
Thanks for the listen and the comments! Much appreciated!

SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:50 am

pekbro wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 pm
Interesting, I like it though I would have liked a little more contrast on some of the highs, which sounded a little too dark to me, some detail seemed obscured. Could be my speakers tho.

Nice work,

-Cheers
I re-listened and you're right - there's a distinct muffling in the upper registers, not to mention a lack of decent high-end content in the first place. Will do better on the next track!

Thanks for listening and commenting!

Return to “Music Cafe”