My last house production!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Enzo Grubert
KVRer
4 posts since 24 Aug, 2020

Post Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:54 am

Hi guys,
I have been passionate about house music for some time, so I started producing it!
I really want to improve myself so I'm looking for any constructive advice! Treat yourself and thank you in advance :)

https://soundcloud.com/enzogrubert/enzo ... ry-my-love

Have a good day !

layzer
KVRAF
7195 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:22 am

work on composition and arrangement. this sounds very generic with
nothing really interesting that grabs a listener.
the abrupt start is a dead giveaway that arranging
skills are lacking. the mix is good, however.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

candybag
KVRist
32 posts since 26 Jan, 2018 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 am

I agree it sounds generic. Generic doesn't equal bad tho :)

The piano part towards the second half works during the beat but could have used more progression during the break at 2:40.

Not really feeling the L/R pan on chopped vocals at 1:35, i'd put those in mono with stereo delay or some chorus effect. Perhaps they wouldn't sound as disconnected if they were two different "sets" of vocals, or maybe it's the fact they play constantly without any break in between.

Beat is good!

How long have you been producing?
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261
www.soundcloud.com/frozen_orb
www.facebook.com/frozenorbmusic

Enzo Grubert
KVRer

Post Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:04 am

candybag wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 am
I agree it sounds generic. Generic doesn't equal bad tho :)

The piano part towards the second half works during the beat but could have used more progression during the break at 2:40.

Not really feeling the L/R pan on chopped vocals at 1:35, i'd put those in mono with stereo delay or some chorus effect. Perhaps they wouldn't sound as disconnected if they were two different "sets" of vocals, or maybe it's the fact they play constantly without any break in between.

Beat is good!

How long have you been producing?
Hi guys ! Yes I agree with the generic term and I am happy with it seeing that it was almost the primary goal of my production! Try to get as close as possible to a type of sound!
I take note for the voices! It is true that I hardly treated it and that I still find it difficult to have a good spatialization of my elements!

To answer your question, I had already been producing for a few years but I really started to get interested in house and all its techniques a few months ago! He is part of my first house songs!

pickapiperbrad
KVRer
5 posts since 2 Sep, 2020

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:19 am

Some variation on the notes in the piano would be nice. Just the odd additional note or trill would help give it some moment.
Some HH variation now and then would spice things up too. Could work with opening and closing the hats in a cool way and adding more accents.
Sounds great tho!

Optimusik21
KVRer
11 posts since 31 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Enzo, I liked the beat, the chords, mix, and when the voices came in around @1:40 all worked for me to establish a groove. I think the portion that pulled me out was the piano solo @2:31. You have the entire keyboard at your disposal for those few seconds before becoming a part of the percussion/background again, take advantage! Other than that, I think the song worked for me and I'm not a huge house guy! I probably could use mixing/producing tips from you since that is not my strong suit. 8)

Enzo Grubert
KVRer

Post Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:40 pm

pickapiperbrad wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:19 am
Some variation on the notes in the piano would be nice. Just the odd additional note or trill would help give it some moment.
Some HH variation now and then would spice things up too. Could work with opening and closing the hats in a cool way and adding more accents.
Sounds great tho!
Hello ! Thanks for listening, it's super cool!

I take note, it's true that I have to manage to break the repetition with detail!
Thank you for clarifying this point, I will work a lot on this for the future! :)

Enzo Grubert
KVRer

Post Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi, thanks for listening !

Indeed, I am new to the piano so it is true that I did not dare! But it's true that a solo would have been good, I hadn't seen it! I'm going to work on the harmonic aspect to make all this more complex in my next songs! Thanks again !
As for the mixing, I do not consider myself an expert but come in private message! If I have the necessary knowledge for your questions, I will answer you with pleasure! I can also give you some resources on the internet! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”