New Project The Mad Scientist

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:33 am

I got an idea for an act but I probably will never be able to perform it. But still, I will go on this pad from now on because I have a idea for it.

From now on I am The Mad Scientist. I tried to make a new account here under that name but it was banned because I already had a account. That is a shame because this is a new project.

Gone is Mozex. The Mad Scientist has arrived.

I been working on this first track of this new project for over a week. Most of the time was spend finetuning it. I got help for it from another forum. Started to use automation. Deleting distortion.
They also said it would be even better with side chaining. Unfortunately I lack the skills for that. I tried it, I watched youtube videos, but all I can say is that I just do not hear it.
Which seems to be normal when I read the comments. Many of the ones that comment started to hear the difference after years.

Thats why I decided not to go on with side chaining, because it is simple. If I do not hear it, and I need to wait months/years before even hearing it, how would the average music listener then hear it?

So I dropped it and searched for other ways to make the kick fuller and louder.

This is how far I am now. I am only dropping this track here for review purposes. I think the track is finished. At least, I do not know what to do more with it anymore. If you are up for it you can listen to it and if you hear distortio (which should not be the case) please let me know.
Keep the funny comments to yourself please.

https://soundcloud.com/user-398982519/t ... Q3QYp6kYUQ
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
7195 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:33 am

well, i can tell you are trying to make the kick as loud as possible.
thats great if thats all you want to hear. i personally like a balance
in the loudness of the sounds, giving focus to leads and such
without burying them in a constant overwhelming kick.
the song itself is an ARPfest. and the drums boom along
in a pretty basic beat throughout the track.
so there ya go, hope you didnt find anything i said funny.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 am

I actually used automation to balance the loudness in each part...

Yes its are all arps. I do not see a problem with that?

I am sure that if I was able to show you all this song without you all knowing who I am, the comment would be a bit different. But its okay.

I will set the kick lower.

Ah yes, and thank you for saying absolutely nothing positive about the song.
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
7195 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 am

Mozex wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 am
I actually used automation to balance the loudness in each part...

Yes its are all arps. I do not see a problem with that?

I am sure that if I was able to show you all this song without you all knowing who I am, the comment would be a bit different. But its okay.

I will set the kick lower.
i dont know who you are and if i did i would probably still
point out the things i did. and i appreciate it when people
give me an honest opinion on my tracks(thanks frantz, wags and a few others)
theres nothing wrong with arps, i use them too. but i try to introduce them and stop them in spurts to avoid over repeating. usually alternate them with
some kind of lead melody.
i'm sure lowering the kick level will make the track more enjoyable.
how many people do you know that enjoy a baby crying?
music is best when it can be heard clearly and painlessly, not producing fatigue from too much compression and limiting.
ok thats an opinion, theres some people that enjoy standing right
next to a jet engine, or listening to 20 babies crying.
anyway, keep musicating :phones:
Last edited by layzer on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 am

I am sorry but its not that bad.
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:14 am

No.

I have been working more then a week, 10-15 hours a day, on this track. As I said I am still fine tuning it.
I surely am thankfull for the kick thing. Thats why I shared the track.
What I am less thankfull off is that you make me feel like I should quit making music.
It might not be your intention, sure, but how would you feel if you spend 15 hours a day for a week, trying to get the track right.
I am sure you will be very thankfull then when people point out how your track sounds like standing next to a jet engine.

So no more music making today I guess, I lost the will to do it. Good job.
Yeah I think I will just really stay away from this place. Hope to see you all on stage in 5-10 years!
Last edited by Mozex on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
7195 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:15 am

Mozex wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 am
and thank you for saying absolutely nothing positive about the song.
sorry man, the song was just typical trance with the 4 on the floor beat
with a bunch of arps.
the bassline was cool. there ya go, positive :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:16 am

yeah man, we shall see in ten years.
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
7195 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:27 am

Mozex wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 am
and thank you for saying absolutely nothing positive about the song.
sorry man, the song was just typical trance with the 4 on the floor beat
with a bunch of arps.
the bassline was cool. there ya go, positive :clap:

look, as many people that think my music is good
(theres about 3 or 4)
there is still going to be people out there that
"it does nothing for them" dont hang on my opinions.
one persons opinion means nothing, start getting
several people telling you that your music is boring
or whatever, maybe it is. this forum is a good tool for that.
i learned that in this place you filter the good from
the bad. value the good and ignore the bad. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

guitarmiester
KVRist
54 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:07 pm

I like the song even if it's loud and in your face from start to finish. It made me think of an action scene, music pumping and a frenzy to get from A to B. Dynamics can take a seat when madness presents itself.

Looking forward to more.

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6463 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Mozex wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:33 am
I got an idea for an act but I probably will never be able to perform it. But still, I will go on this pad from now on because I have a idea for it.

From now on I am The Mad Scientist. I tried to make a new account here under that name but it was banned because I already had a account. That is a shame because this is a new project.

Gone is Mozex. The Mad Scientist has arrived.


I been working on this first track of this new project for over a week. Most of the time was spend finetuning it. I got help for it from another forum. Started to use automation. Deleting distortion.
They also said it would be even better with side chaining. Unfortunately I lack the skills for that. I tried it, I watched youtube videos, but all I can say is that I just do not hear it.
Which seems to be normal when I read the comments. Many of the ones that comment started to hear the difference after years.

Thats why I decided not to go on with side chaining, because it is simple. If I do not hear it, and I need to wait months/years before even hearing it, how would the average music listener then hear it?

So I dropped it and searched for other ways to make the kick fuller and louder.

This is how far I am now. I am only dropping this track here for review purposes. I think the track is finished. At least, I do not know what to do more with it anymore. If you are up for it you can listen to it and if you hear distortio (which should not be the case) please let me know.
Keep the funny comments to yourself please.

https://soundcloud.com/user-398982519/t ... Q3QYp6kYUQ
you can request a name change , from Ben ...
Last edited by experimental.crow on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

experimental.crow
KVRAF
6463 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 pm

double post ...
Image

Optimusik21
KVRer
11 posts since 31 Aug, 2020

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:53 pm

MadScientist, I liked the track FWIW. It reminds me of Pertubator. Hard. Dark. Throw in some clips from Sci-fi/horror movies and you'd have a hit. I hear you introducing new themes/melodies and I also didn't find the arpeggiations or the kick overpowering. Personally, I feel the creative and mixing aspects are different beast. This inspired me to go listen to Pertubator (I Am The Night). Keep it coming!

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6863 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 pm

As far as you going after Layzer for being nice enough to take his time to give you feedback on your track...What is going to help you more? Someone telling you how perfect your song is or someone pointing out things to make you a better producer? I know for me it always hurt sorta bad whenever I got feedback like that of Layzer's but it also helped me the most and made me better! I also don't really care for the "Crowded" mix and the kick even seems to distort. Doesn't make for a really pleasant listen. It almost sounds like everything is mixed at the same levels and then all limited together even more. I think the sound could be better if mixed better. I would call this "not bad" but not really good either.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

User avatar
Mozex
KVRian
599 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 am

I do not need to be perfect. I am sure, and it is proven, that some people like my songs. Yes they are not perfect I know but I do change things in them.
Its just how people tell their "advice".
It is not possible that the kick distorts. I asked many other people on other forums and they did not hear any distortion. I also stayed under 0.6 db the whole time. I did use Ozone to bring the loudness up.

So people on an other forum also told me about the kick, but in a respectfull manner (no jet engine bullshit)
So I did change the kick and made it a lot more silent. I have created a new post for it because the link has changed and to be honest, I wanted to create a new topic for it because I am giving away the "improved" song for free on soundcloud!

So if you are one of the few that actually liked this version, I hope you then also like the new version. Just check out my new topic (which I created about 5 minutes ago) and start downloading that shizzle!!!!
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

Return to “Music Cafe”