What's your 'go to' distortion/saturation plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BB Tubes

Creative Intent Tantrum is very underrated
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:01 am I just took a longer look at coldfire and totally overlooked so much of it before. Seems to have quite a few features I didn’t realize like the feedback, multiband compressor, comb filters, lots of routing options.

Is there a discount if you own the fx collection 3? I assume it’ll show up in the next one anyways.
Coldfire is great. Perhaps a modest substitute for Trash which iZotope seemed to have discontinued a while back. Impossible it might be back after the Native Instrument restructuring, who knows?!?

Rift 2, Coldfire, Tantrum, Thermal
get those , do now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

These mentions for Tantrum made me curious about it.. but the developer's website says "this product is out of stock".. :(
https://www.creativeintent.co/product/tantrum

Dent2/Indent2. Very jucy and powerful. Coldfire is not in that league.

Every track goes into a Neve 1073 preamp model and then into a tape emulator.

Currently I use Lindell Audio 80 series and T-RackS Tape Machine 24. But I may switch to UAD at some point now that they’re native. UAD Studer 800 takes a third the CPU of the IK Tape Machines, though I slightly prefer the more aggressive MCI tape machine sound to Studer, and I would have to give that up.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

No love for RP-Distort ?

I'm sure it's been said. Audio Damage Grind. That MS20 filter is the best.

Speaking of Audio Damage.

Kombinat Tri.... Is a helluva (multiband) distortion Plug-In

Almost an infinite amount of colors to be had....a real gem.

Plus a filter AND a slamming compressor.

Veeery versatile 😻

Igro wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:44 am Dent2/Indent2. Very jucy and powerful. Coldfire is not in that league.
I do like Dent as well, not has its own things going on which can be aesthetically very useful. I tend to like all the stuff that Unfiltered Audio does.

Right now I'm really liking PSP Audioware's BinAmp. I don't know what it is about it but the saturation to me, especially when pushed hard, sounds really unique. It goes fuzzy/smeary in a very different way to other saturation plugins that I have available.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Also... Audiority Pyros!

Holy Moly...so many Sweet-spots 😻

And Dynamic Saturation!

Love it ❣️

carrieres wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:17 am No love for RP-Distort ?
I have it part of explorer 8 bundle but never really played with it. What is special about it?

To me it is thermal and saturn 2.
Thermal for creativity, saturn 2 for surgical adjustment.

Jac459 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:13 am
carrieres wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:17 am No love for RP-Distort ?
I have it part of explorer 8 bundle but never really played with it. What is special about it?
it sounds like early vst plugins. Not impressed.

Return to “Effects”