"Light Worker" : 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
AngeloFusion
KVRer
10 posts since 5 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:52 am

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker 1st time poster I'm happy to introduce myself to you with this post.

First of all I would like to thank you all and this forum in general for the wealth of information that can be found here. This forum is a gem and I have learned a lot here. So thank you all!

I would like to introduce you my 1st and new tune (I play guitar). I used to play a lot when I was younger but stopped. This was 25 years ago. 25 years later (present times) I have decided to get back to it. I really started to work again on the guitar 2 months ago, so all is fresh and new again and I have to re-learn everything. 2 weeks ago I thought about composing a tune and this is how "Light Worker" came.

https://soundcloud.com/user-56909955-30 ... ght-worker

I created a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIDEU ... x9UnJBcTaQ to share my story and my progress with guitar re-learning it.

Hope that you will like it.

Bansaw
KVRian
1275 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:42 am

Some nice guitar solos. Great ambiance. Quite Pink Floyd-ish.
:tu:

AngeloFusion
KVRer

Post Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:51 am

Thank you so much Bansaw for taking time to listen to it and for your nice words which touch and motivate me to keep working on the guitar! Thanks again!

noylis
KVRist
100 posts since 26 Nov, 2009

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 am

25 years after and you did this!!!?You have it in you friend keep on the horse and soon you will be making wonders

AngeloFusion
KVRer

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:02 am

noylis wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 am
25 years after and you did this!!!?You have it in you friend keep on the horse and soon you will be making wonders
Thank you so much for your support and nice words!
Yes I have really stopped playing for that long. I guess that like bicycle you don't really lose it (all), but I can feel that I did lose a lot. But the more I practice the more things are slowly coming back. But it will take some hard work and time to really get back to where I used to be.

Thanks again friend!

DanielPersson
KVRist
66 posts since 27 Jan, 2016

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:41 am

I really like the guitars in this one.
The drums not so much, but the guitars are really good!

AngeloFusion
KVRer

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:04 am

DanielPersson wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:41 am
I really like the guitars in this one.
The drums not so much, but the guitars are really good!
Thank you very much! Well, I'd rather that you like the guitars than the drums :wink:
I'm clearly not a drummer. I used Spitfire labs, just created a very simple groove and that's it. I just wanted some raw tribal kind of groove just to enhance the guitars. But yeah, definetely there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to drums. Thank you for your feedback in this regard, I will try to do better for the next tune (which I should post soon here for people who might be interested to follow my progress).

Lutin mutin
KVRist
182 posts since 4 Nov, 2004 from France

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 am

2 comments :
1. your actual capacity of guitar playing after 25 years non playing ;
2. the inspiration for the creation of a theme or a piece of music.

So for the first point, as we say here in France, "when you know how to go on a bicycle, you have the bicycle inside you, and you will always be able to mount on a bicycle" (bad translation, but you see the idea).
By playing this piece of music, you demonstrate to you and to us, than after few notes after 25 years, because you "have the guitar inside you", you play certainly as well as you played 25 years ago.
Demonstration done !

Second point... you seems to be a great musicmaker... your theme is very beautifull, very pleasant to hear it, and...
your guitarist is a very good one ! nice interpretation !
Congratulations !!

So...
Welcome back to your guitar relationship, and congratulations for the creativity and interpretation of your original piece of music !

My 2 cents.
Lutin mutin

(sorry for my english : it is not my "natural" language).

AngeloFusion
KVRer

Post Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Lutin mutin wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 am
2 comments :
1. your actual capacity of guitar playing after 25 years non playing ;
2. the inspiration for the creation of a theme or a piece of music.

So for the first point, as we say here in France, "when you know how to go on a bicycle, you have the bicycle inside you, and you will always be able to mount on a bicycle" (bad translation, but you see the idea).
By playing this piece of music, you demonstrate to you and to us, than after few notes after 25 years, because you "have the guitar inside you", you play certainly as well as you played 25 years ago.
Demonstration done !

Second point... you seems to be a great musicmaker... your theme is very beautifull, very pleasant to hear it, and...
your guitarist is a very good one ! nice interpretation !
Congratulations !!

So...
Welcome back to your guitar relationship, and congratulations for the creativity and interpretation of your original piece of music !

My 2 cents.
Lutin mutin

(sorry for my english : it is not my "natural" language).
A FRENCHIE !! I'M FRENCH!!! And I live now in the US.

Thank you so much for your very very nice and supporting words. You have no idea how your message really touched me. I guess you're right about the "bicycle" thing, even if I KNOW and I FEEL that I am 1 millions miles behind what I could do back then. But patience is a virtue I guess and I have to keep on working.

Thanks again my dear French friend for your message! Just know that you can find me on my French youtube channel (look up for "angelo fusion"). My English one is "from zero to virtusoso". In both I will uploads new songs and vids of me playing live those tunes.

Lutin mutin
KVRist
182 posts since 4 Nov, 2004 from France

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 am

Ce sera avec grand plaisir !
et encore, avec toutes mes félicitations !... un très joli morceau, magnifiquement interprété !
Bravo !!

Lutin mutin.

(with great pleasure... and again, with all my congratulations... a really beautifull piece of music, beautifully played - interpreted)

AngeloFusion
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks again friend! I have posted another tune in this section of the forum ("together again"). Hopefully something you will like. Take care buddy!

Return to “Music Cafe”