The Mad Scientist - The Mad Scientist FREE download + Video

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This should be the final one of this track. Since my last post got locked I have to make a new one.
I lowered the overall loudness of the track and I tried to use a little bit of volume automation. At least what I believe it is (I do not like to go watch youtube videos, dont shoot me for that)
The only reason why I still share my songs here is for the few that actually like my songs. And I know there are some people here that do.
So for all of you, you can download the song for FREE on Soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/themadscientistb ... -scientist

And you can watch the video of the song on Youtube (if you like it then please subscribe, you would do me a favor)

https://youtu.be/C940uO559wQ
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Very powerful and substantial (!) Electronic dance mix. Diverse and nice to listen to.
Even though I come from the rock area, I enjoyed this song. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Man, if you keep improving this quickly you will be the best producer alive in no time. Maybe a little too "arpy" but not bad at all.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Thank you both, I am glad you enjoyed it.

@ATS: I know its arpy, its done on purpose. This Mad Scientist project, I will explain a bit.
I have an idea for an act, I will never be able to perform it probably but I still have the idea.
The idea is to stand on a stage, not with a keyboard or any other instrument, but with a table.
I would be dressed as a mad scientist and on the table would be scientific material like vials with substances, knobs, levers, electronic equipment, microscope and so on. If I really can do what I want there would also be two big component electronic devices (like they had in the 50-60 I think) on both sides of the stage. I will be "playing" these things. I will adjust levers, turn knobs, press buttons and switches and use the vials with substances for instance. Out of these movements comes the sound.

I am experimenting on stage, I am not performing music. The music is just a side effect from my experimenting. It is needed, because my experiments are secret and I do not want people to watch me. So I make sure my experiments make sound, so that people will be to busy dancing instead of looking at me.

That is why I mostly work with arps. Arps can start and stop by the press of a button. A fade in or fade out can be done with getting one substance out of the vial into the other. Everything can be done on the rhythm of the music. I can push buttons, pull levers, watch on my electronic equipment, turn some knobs and occasionally some little explosion with smoke can also happen when a climax comes.

I would also like to work with lightshow and even a laser show but I should first see how that works.

But as I said, its only an idea and I probably will never be able to perform it. But thats why my tracks lack a real melody. You need a synth or keyboard to play that melody. The Mad Scientist does not play synths or keyboards.
He experiments. ;)

But as I said, just an idea of course, you never know that venus will aline with jupiter and if that happens my dream will come true. LOL

Lol someone downvoted the video already, probably one of the persons who ALWAYS down vote EVERY post of me! HAHAHA
Just want to let you know that I really do not care that you are a bully :)
So go ahead down vote it all, if that makes you happy.
I am glad I am a bit more mature then that, but I guess some stay childish untill their death.
Grow up man, grow up :)

Mozex wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm Lol someone downvoted the video already, probably one of the persons who ALWAYS down vote EVERY post of me! HAHAHA
Just want to let you know that I really do not care that you are a bully :)
So go ahead down vote it all, if that makes you happy.
I am glad I am a bit more mature then that, but I guess some stay childish untill their death.
Grow up man, grow up :)
For the record, it wasn't me. I don't use that stupid system. It's a cowards system for people who don't have the guts to tell you what they think to your face. No doubt, this response will get downvoted as well.

I've decided to simply stay out of your way. That way there's no more trouble. Believe me though, if I have something to say to you, I'll say it to your face and not use a cowards system.

On the plus side, seems you have a couple of fans so good for you. Keep at it. Don't let anybody, including me, discourage you. Take the negative comments in stride and maybe even learn from them. It was the only way I was able to grow as a musician. Learn from my mistakes.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Well, it's pretty hypocritical to chafe and bitch about feedback that isn't 'I love this track' to the extent of refusing to accept anything else, as you did in the self-same post of the track - which got locked accordingly - and then act like the expression of dislike with no feedback is something to attack. I prefer not to engage at this level. I think the thumbs down is a seriously bad idea for such a forum because of the resentment factor it promotes. One could create a lot of suspicion using it deviously since it isn't transparent. I up-vote things at times only out of fairness/balance. I've had very nearly every single post I made down-voted for a long time and a lot of it was me helping someone with their question, extensively.

Since I'm here, I find your next-to-last post an elaborate excuse and story for avoiding really/actually doing music in favor of pushing buttons, doing as little as humanly possible but calling it a track you made. I did listen to a bit of the track, there's very little music there if I'm honest. (The mix is ok.) But you only want strokes for these efforts, clearly. Not exactly the most grown-up appearance in the world. No one owes you like that.
Mozex wrote:You do understand I play everything myself right?
TBH I find absolutely no sign of playing anything in that track. It's obviously copy/paste of one bar of a few note-ons which could have easily been done with a pencil tool in the piano roll. All of the interest is coming from an arpeggiator, and in the demo of your workflow all the rhythm comes from a timed rhythmic delay. I get from another person with the same kind of m.o. that this is preferable but playing music is not the effect at all.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 pm Well, it's pretty hypocritical to chafe and bitch about feedback that isn't 'I love this track' to the extent of refusing to accept anything else, as you did in the self-same post of the track - which got locked accordingly - and then act like the expression of dislike with no feedback is something to attack. I prefer not to engage at this level. I think the thumbs down is a seriously bad idea for such a forum because of the resentment factor it promotes. One could create a lot of suspicion using it deviously since it isn't transparent. I up-vote things at times only out of fairness/balance. I've had very nearly every single post I made down-voted for a long time and a lot of it was me helping someone with their question, extensively.

Since I'm here, I find your next-to-last post an elaborate excuse and story for avoiding really/actually doing music in favor of pushing buttons, doing as little as humanly possible but calling it a track you made. I did listen to a bit of the track, there's very little music there if I'm honest. (The mix is ok.) But you only want strokes for these efforts, clearly. Not exactly the most grown-up appearance in the world. No one owes you like that.
so you have no real comment on his music but once again must attack the person.,..Jan read my lips...stay out of this thread...go run to Ben, go report me..,.but this is 10000% unacceptable and I will delete any post you say again in this thread.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thx wagtunes, I appreciate that. I wish you a nice evening too!

jancivil wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 pm Well, it's pretty hypocritical to chafe and bitch about feedback that isn't 'I love this track' to the extent of refusing to accept anything else, as you did in the self-same post of the track - which got locked accordingly - and then act like the expression of dislike with no feedback is something to attack. I prefer not to engage at this level. I think the thumbs down is a seriously bad idea for such a forum because of the resentment factor it promotes. One could create a lot of suspicion using it deviously since it isn't transparent. I up-vote things at times only out of fairness/balance. I've had very nearly every single post I made down-voted for a long time and a lot of it was me helping someone with their question, extensively.

You do understand I play everything myself right? The pushing buttons thing is, euhm an ACT. lol
But okay np man have a good one!

To be honest, I do not really care anymore that I fail to impress some of you. Thing is: Music finds its way to the ones that it needs to find its way. I heared many different genres of music and by many of them I thought: What the F is that? Thats not music.
But guess what, it seems some people liked it. They liked it even more then my track.
And I did not understand, how was that possible when my tracks were clearly a lot better.
Taste.
Its called taste.

When the beatles played, it was not music for many, when Elvis played they even cut him off halfway so people could not see his feet because many believed it was from the devil LOL

Taste my friend, every generation has it, and mine is not yours, but yours maybe is also not mine? We have to live with these differences.

Thats why I honestly do not care about how a track is build, there are many factors that I do care about, mainly the mix. I care about instruments that might be to loud in according to others. I mind about distortion. But thats basicly all.
Why? Because how a track is build should be your own interpretation of what music is, a mix should not be like that (although in some cases it might, I do not know) but the building of a track must be your own and NO ONE needs ANY advice on that.
If they take on advice on that, the track is in the end not anymore from them and thats a shame. It becomes something that already exists in the mind of someone else, mainly, the one that told them to do it like that.

That is not the path I will follow, and if I get hated by it then thats okay. As long as you do not cut me of in the middle like they did with Elvis in the beginning days, I am okay with it.

But well let us go back to the track which will get as good as none more comments now lol :D

I don't know all the background to this, but I can see above that there is some.
Anyway, the music would be great for what you want to do. I think people would like to see you perform as a Mad Scientist.
Best of luck with it. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Its just an idea in my head, do not worry about the downvotes you will probably get for being positive on my track, it has nothing to do with you (if you get some but I think you will) but with me. Some people do not really like me here ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”