(Electronic) Thousand Ring Circus - Downtown Wagon Edition

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a short, weird and fun little track I whipped up.

Welcome to the Thousand Ring Circus - Downtown Wagon Edition.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/officialstranger ... on-edition

Open to any comments, criticism, likes, dislikes, etc.

Good tune. I liked the pace and groove. I'm a sucker for dialogue. Good stuff.

This is really cool. I think you should develop it further. You've got a nice starting point and just by playing with the arrangement, dropping things in and out, adding here and there you'll have a nice full track.

It's particularly interesting to me because 1) I use a lot of random dialogue samples in my work as well (so that's cool!) and 2) I recently played some music for my brother and he said it sounded like a cross between Radiohead and Phil Collins. And that was exactly my response, Phil Collins?! :lol:

I agree, this should be longer. Cool sounds and nice use of circus motifs.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

mbrendzel wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:16 pm Good tune. I liked the pace and groove. I'm a sucker for dialogue. Good stuff.
Thanks for listening and posting some feedback. Ripping dialogue from things is always a lot of fun plus adds an extra element to the mix. I'd use random dialogue more often if ever brush up on the whole copyright side of things lol.
Local Man wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:23 pm This is really cool. I think you should develop it further. You've got a nice starting point and just by playing with the arrangement, dropping things in and out, adding here and there you'll have a nice full track.

It's particularly interesting to me because 1) I use a lot of random dialogue samples in my work as well (so that's cool!) and 2) I recently played some music for my brother and he said it sounded like a cross between Radiohead and Phil Collins. And that was exactly my response, Phil Collins?! :lol:
Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised to see others enjoyed this track since the weirder stuff I tend to like or come up with usually seems to be lost in translation when I show my own friends. I purposely kept this track short for that very reason since I was getting a lot of confused feedback before I finished and uploaded this. Glad to see others enjoy the dialogue and don't dig too far into it since it's sole purpose was to be fun and completely random.
Allomerus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:47 am I agree, this should be longer. Cool sounds and nice use of circus motifs.
Well done!
:)
Thanks for the feedback, too. Again, surprised to see the comments for expanding on the track. There's a fair amount of layering in this track to make up each part. I tend to cruise by the magic of layering all too often.

Return to “Music Cafe”