Super 8 R2: First VST3 plugin by Native Instruments!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rotku60 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:44 pm Yes, it is the Maschine 2 software (I don't have one of the controllers). It gives me access to most of the NI ecosystem including Kontakt libraries. I have Komplete Kontrol available but just got used to previewing sounds in the Maschine software. I rarely open Reaktor until I absolutely have to for editing/ exploring.
Ahh.. Understood.
I actually just tried saving Reaktor Ensembles as Track Presets in Cubase, it isn't as bad as I thought, but it definitely isn't as quick as load a vst which has drop down access and can easily change one instrument for another.

rsp
sound sculptist

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 pm Yes and what happens if you want to use super8 in reaktor?
Afaik you can only save one ensemble as your default ensemble.

Or is this in Studio 1 presets?
Yeah, I meant you save it as a preset in Studio One. You can have a preset for Monark, Super 8, and any other ensemble in Reaktor.
zvenx wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 pm I am sure if I had no other choices and reaktor was my only synth I probably would have to do it that way, but no, i prefer to stick to vsts that work the way I want it to work.
Fair enough. Just saying that there is a way which is just as easy as loading a VSTi.
This is how I use it in Studio One, works fine. Except for Form which causes cpu spikes when switching presets in S1's built in preset browser.

Super 8, Razor work great although I don't use Super 8. The only synth that S1's preset browser didn't save presets properly for was Pigments but I sold Pigments. For all other synths it's how I save/flip through presets. The other good thing about it is I can sort stock presets & keep only the ones I like & will use.
Last edited by nusound mind on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Going back to Reaktor means no more working smoothly on touch screens and very little chance of resizing coming, since even the last kontakt update didn’t address that. I doubt Reaktor will. Whereas I thought maybe super 8 might get resizing. Also presets are more annoying for sure, and as an Novation SL user Reaktor isn’t good as you only same mappings per plugin.

Any mention of what these coming updates would include? M1 and VST3 i guess? Hopefully once that’s out of the way they can start to redo their main platform interfaces. They did a pretty good job with Guitar Rig Redesign. Hopefully Reaktor gets a similar treatment.

I never like the VST3 version and had to request the Reaktor version after purchase. Much better for me as it allows you to up the polyphony and sample rate, also you can rip out components such as the oscillators and filters for your own creations. This is great news, especially the upcoming Reaktor update.

NI had to give me the Reaktor ensemble due to a bug they couldn’t fix with the vst3
was an issue with Max for Live devices being edited when Super 8 was being used
as it was part of Komplete i didn’t mind too much
plus
Reaktor’s preset system responds to MIDI program change messages which is great for live use

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:42 pm Going back to Reaktor means no more working smoothly on touch screens and very little chance of resizing coming, since even the last kontakt update didn’t address that. I doubt Reaktor will. Whereas I thought maybe super 8 might get resizing. Also presets are more annoying for sure, and as an Novation SL user Reaktor isn’t good as you only same mappings per plugin.
Unlike the plugin version it is possible for users to reskin and mod an ensemble though to make the interface larger and more hires as well as add features like increasing voice count. There are numerous mods of Monark for example, I made one myself that adds aftertouch support and recently upped the partials count in Razor and there is a reskin of Monark knocking around that makes it larger and better graphics.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:44 pm Any mention of what these coming updates would include? M1 and VST3 i guess? Hopefully once that’s out of the way they can start to redo their main platform interfaces. They did a pretty good job with Guitar Rig Redesign. Hopefully Reaktor gets a similar treatment.
Yeah, it’s going to be a M1 and VST3 update for now. But once the transition is complete, I really hope and expect them to start going through their backlog. It would be madness not to.

There’s so much „low-hanging“ (ha!) fruit they can tackle — a simplified Reaktor/Blocks racks interface, some smaller, but obvious improvements to Massive X, a few long requested updates to Maschine like better automation and what not.

I’m quite hopeful we’ll see some great stuff in the next one or two years from NI. Including at least one new Reaktor based creative tool.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:42 pm Going back to Reaktor means no more working smoothly on touch screens and very little chance of resizing coming, since even the last kontakt update didn’t address that. I doubt Reaktor will. Whereas I thought maybe super 8 might get resizing. Also presets are more annoying for sure, and as an Novation SL user Reaktor isn’t good as you only same mappings per plugin.
SL user too, and Ableton Live. Reaktor & Reason have the same « shell issue » in that there is a layer, a « container » that hides the specific « module » inside them from the DAW and the controller so you can’t benefit from (far from perfect) kind of « hardware feeling » the DAW/Controller duet try to offer to you.
That’s why I try to stick to « autonomous » VSTs

SebAV wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:01 pm
SL user too, and Ableton Live. Reaktor & Reason have the same « shell issue » in that there is a layer, a « container » that hides the specific « module » inside them from the DAW and the controller so you can’t benefit from (far from perfect) kind of « hardware feeling » the DAW/Controller duet try to offer to you.
That's why Maschine is where it's at for controlling Reaktor. For me, the best stuff to come out of NI has been done in Reaktor.

Is it possible to request a license for the Reaktor version of Super 8? I skipped the Komplete version which had it. It would be great, as it would allow to modify it...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:28 am Is it possible to request a license for the Reaktor version of Super 8? I skipped the Komplete version which had it. It would be great, as it would allow to modify it...
You can give a try with NI Chat Support during weekdays. They are usually very friendly and helpful, especially if you are a long term/loyal customer in their books.

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 0000092577

I think it's certain NI will give everyone who owns the VST3 a license for the Reaktor version when it is withdrawn so I wouldn't be too worried about that - just as they gave Reaktor Super 8 owners a free license to the VST3

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:10 am
Unlike the plugin version it is possible for users to reskin and mod an ensemble though to make the interface larger and more hires as well as add features like increasing voice count. There are numerous mods of Monark for example, I made one myself that adds aftertouch support and recently upped the partials count in Razor and there is a reskin of Monark knocking around that makes it larger and better graphics.
True. Mono legato would be nice for Super 8.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm
SebAV wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:01 pm
That's why Maschine is where it's at for controlling Reaktor. For me, the best stuff to come out of NI has been done in Reaktor.
Reaktor and Komplete Kontrol keyboards are the same in that respet. 8 knobs, no buttons. Good for a few macro controls. Crap for full control of a synth like Monark or Super 8.

Return to “Instruments”