Introducing the DCO-106!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cherryDan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 pm Check this space in two weeks for a glimpse of what's coming next from Cherry Audio... 8)
:tu:

cherryDan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:29 pm Today we've released an update to DCO-106, version 1.0.17, which fixes some issues with resizing the DCO-106 plug-in in certain DAWs
Hi Dan, the GUI size is still not saved, it resets to 100% every time the GUI is closed. Tested both VST2 and VST3 in Studio One 5 and Bitwig 3.2.6.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hello,
starflakeprj wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 pm Hi Dan, the GUI size is still not saved, it resets to 100% every time the GUI is closed. Tested both VST2 and VST3 in Studio One 5 and Bitwig 3.2.6.
We'll likely add this as a feature in the next release. Currently, the size will be saved with your DAW's project, and restore correctly, but a new instance will always default to 100%. We've observed that other plug-ins remember that last used size.

Is it safe to say that many people on this forum would like a new instance of the DCO-106 plug-in to remember its last-used size?

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 pm Hi,
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm I am hearing a little resonance on the sounds even when the resonance knob is turned down to zero. Wondering if I am wrong with what I am hearing or if it is supposed to be like that. Pardon any ignorance.

Also, is there a requirement for the PC to be online weekly/monthly to use the synth or it is only required for updates?
There's definitely no resonance when the Resonance knob is turned down.

There is no requirement to be online at all, after the first run. However, we do publish periodic updates and improvements, which you'll need to be online to receive.

I hope that helps!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Okay, thank you for the clarification. Excellent work with DCO-106. Excited and curious for what's next.

cherryDan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:44 pm Hello,
starflakeprj wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:02 pm Hi Dan, the GUI size is still not saved, it resets to 100% every time the GUI is closed. Tested both VST2 and VST3 in Studio One 5 and Bitwig 3.2.6.
We'll likely add this as a feature in the next release. Currently, the size will be saved with your DAW's project, and restore correctly, but a new instance will always default to 100%. We've observed that other plug-ins remember that last used size.

Is it safe to say that many people on this forum would like a new instance of the DCO-106 plug-in to remember its last-used size?

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Why not just a 'set default size'?

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
FWIW, this is not an issue in FL Studio when I do this: Select my preferred size and save the plugin as a snapshot in the Plugin Database. It opens with the correct size for any new instances. Of course, project instances load the size correctly too, as you said.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:13 am

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Why not just a 'set default size'?
Yes, this is a great idea, and used by many plugins. But last used size is also ok, and at least I would prefer any of those 😊
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

i dont know if it was aked before but how long will it cost 25 € ?
is an other or the same hd synth that tal audio UNO ?
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

I guess DCO-106 is mostly an emulation of the Juno-106, while TAL-U-No-LX is an emulation of the Juno-60. So different synths. I think though, that Cherry Audio also mentioned Juno-60 in their marketing material, so maybe these two are similar sounding, I don't know.

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am I guess DCO-106 is mostly an emulation of the Juno-106, while TAL-U-No-LX is an emulation of the Juno-60. So different synths. I think though, that Cherry Audio also mentioned Juno-60 in their marketing material, so maybe these two are similar sounding, I don't know.
i am very surprised by the cherry audio ! it sound very very good !

jonalyn wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am I guess DCO-106 is mostly an emulation of the Juno-106, while TAL-U-No-LX is an emulation of the Juno-60. So different synths. I think though, that Cherry Audio also mentioned Juno-60 in their marketing material, so maybe these two are similar sounding, I don't know.
i am very surprised by the cherry audio ! it sound very very good !
I agree, I immediately bought it, and according to CherryDan we can expect more soon :)

Amazed how great it sounds, especially considering how dirt-cheap it is.

i cant purchase at this moment, but i will buy it. i am not in love with voltage modular but this plugin is excellent !
the great thing is that cherry audio make it possible for everybody with a very low/good price.

Absolute no-brainer. I am finding it very inspiring and it sounds excellent. Even though I have no experience with the Juno hardware (or any hardware synths for that matter), I have always had some kind of intrinsic affinity for Juno synths. It is indeed very appreciable of Cherry Audio.

Hi Dan DCO 160 is fantastic ... I have a Juno here and you ha e nailed it. I also have a lot of your modular gear. The modular causes audio drop out when I am using it as a plugin...specially audio drop outs when moving the sliders /knobs or resizing the interface. The DCO 160 causes no issues. Any ideas what is happening here... I have tried updating my video card drivers , increasing buffer settings on my RME cards ... cpu has adequate headroom.

Return to “Cherry Audio”