Erae Touch - All-around MIDI 2.0 controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone in the US want to trade for a Linnstrument 128, pm me :)

Guess who is playing an Erae Touch in his new video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFjAwG_ ... FjAwG_WjA0

The song sounds like an outtake from a mid-80s Yello album.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:08 am Guess who is playing an Erae Touch in his new video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFjAwG_ ... FjAwG_WjA0

The song sounds like an outtake from a mid-80s Yello album.
bit of a warning might be nice. ffs.
i got dragged to see him twice by an uncle, i was 8 or 9 the first time, he promised me lazers and giant robots :o
i saw a lazer harp, and one giant praying mantis, that was more marionette than robot.
i still bear a grudge.

I thought the drawing in the poster frame might have given it away. I'd be surprised if he's ever bothered touring here. I certainly can't imagine anyone would go to see him.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It seems Embodme have a new product line to show off at CES -

https://www.embodme.com/superiris

Non-touch MPE controller, anybody?

Starting at $20k. 😱

It makes Erae Touch seem like an absolute bargain!
Last edited by BONES on Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it's a bit sexy though! :o

It might have really taken off a few years ago, at the height of the pandemic. I can't believe some of the shit they did so people didn't have to press buttons. e.g. Every set of traffic lights in Sydney's CBD had all the pedestrian buttons removed and the lights reprogrammed to assume there were pedestrians. It must have cost millions.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:55 am Anyone in the US want to trade for a Linnstrument 128, pm me :)
I have both. They can‘t be exchanged by another. On paper the Erae Touch has a lot more features, but the playability of the LinnStrument is in another league…
Anyway, I could share my LinnStrument layouts for the Touch if necessary…

I’d be interested in seeing those 💡

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:08 am Anyway, I could share my LinnStrument layouts for the Touch if necessary…
Absolutely interested in those - thanks..

What is the best way to share patches?

BONES wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:50 pm It seems Embodme have a new product line to show off at CES -

https://www.embodme.com/superiris

Non-touch MPE controller, anybody?
Looks like bad news. No target at musicians and very expensive. Triggers the experience with Sensel. They delivered their technology to the medical market which seemed to be more attractive financially. The investors might want to push them away from us...

So if it's not about musciains, it has no value whatsoever? Pretty narrow view of the universe, isn't it?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”