Erae Touch - All-around MIDI 2.0 controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sujoybose77 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:11 am Hi,
I am facing an issue with very slow gliding (X movement) from one note to another note (say 4-5 semitones apart). It is trying to quantize it and doing a step transition rather than a smooth glide.
If I set the "smoothing" parameter to "high" under glissando then the note transition happens very slow and takes a long time even when I do a faster slide.. It should make the glide smooth rather than making it slow. Has anyone faced this issue? Any pointer on how to achieve smoother glide (especially when transitioned slowly) without messing up the timing of transition will be appreciated.
Are you sure that's what it's meant to do? Id' be using Portamento and just playing one note, then the next, not sliding my finger up - that's just going to trigger the in-between notes, even on a Roli Seaboard (but not on a Lightpad Block, which is different again).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:47 am
sujoybose77 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:11 am Hi,
I am facing an issue with very slow gliding (X movement) from one note to another note (say 4-5 semitones apart). It is trying to quantize it and doing a step transition rather than a smooth glide.
If I set the "smoothing" parameter to "high" under glissando then the note transition happens very slow and takes a long time even when I do a faster slide.. It should make the glide smooth rather than making it slow. Has anyone faced this issue? Any pointer on how to achieve smoother glide (especially when transitioned slowly) without messing up the timing of transition will be appreciated.
Are you sure that's what it's meant to do? Id' be using Portamento and just playing one note, then the next, not sliding my finger up - that's just going to trigger the in-between notes, even on a Roli Seaboard (but not on a Lightpad Block, which is different again).
Have you seen SWAM instruments? Then you will understand that glide and portamento are not the same. Those are used for two different purposes. I know how portamento works and it is always between two notes. Gliding is needed many times across multiple notes which is not at all good in Erae Touch. Especially slow gliding.

Anyway, I have decided to sell it. Let me know if anyone is interested to buy.
Here is ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304218472348

Interesting. I saw the Erae Touch this year at Superbooth and a.) was the guy at the booth extremely confused and didn't understand his own controller. He constantly talked about showing us something that he then wasn't able to get to work. And b.) it looked and felt pretty badly plasticky and flashy.

Having had our session with the Osmose just before, we were totally unimpressed...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I've received a tracking number, but it has not shipped yet... soon obviously.

I got my tracking number on Nov 3 and it is still not in DHL system. Must be patient…

I got mine today. Pretty cool, but I’m somewhat of an MPE novice. Need to play with it more tomorrow.

Apparently there is no Black Friday pricing on the ERAE this year.
https://www.embodme.com/
Perhaps a Christmas sale?

How about a discount for a February delivery?

If anyone is interested to buy Erae Touch (almost brand new condition) please message me at sujoybose77@gmail.com.
Reason for selling - I got a linnstrument

pdxindy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 pm I've received a tracking number, but it has not shipped yet... soon obviously.
I received mine a while ago, but was busy with some projects, then had some guests and I still have not made any use of it. Embodme mentioned that they will make a script to work with Bitwig, so I am kinda waiting for that. The Flexi script from Moss now supports MPE so I might try making a script for the Erae Touch if the inspiration strikes.

sujoybose77 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:22 am Reason for selling - I got a linnstrument
I'm interested to use the Erae Touch for drums cause you can make big pads. I love my Linnstrument, but the pads are small for me for drum work. In this way, I am hoping the two controllers will compliment each other.

So how does it feel? Compared to for example roli lightpad blocks?

Pashkuli wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:36 pm Another glidey slidey "rainbow". No pitch bend. No one finger trigger two notes. Good for the eyes, almost useless for music production.
It has pitch bend obviously. Read the website.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:14 pm It has pitch bend obviously. Read the website.
I am afraid, you do not understand.
After-touch can be set up for a one directional pitch bend... similar to fixed-bridge guitar, susual bend up (bend the string).

The question is setting up the control curve. It will get too technical, but also you need depth vertical distance of motion.

Just so you know. Slide is not pitch bend.

Slide is EXACTLY pitch bend if that's what you set it up to be. The word "Slide" simply refers to the action your fingers perform, what it does is up to you to configure for your needs. You could easily make any controller do pitchbend with aftertouch or the Mod Wheel if that's how you set it up. It seems to me that you are just being pedantic and the keys on that keyboard of yours look way too small for my fat fingers.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”