RapidComposer v4 feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
lulukom
KVRian
1364 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:55 am

Deleted
Last edited by lulukom on Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sj1
KVRian
673 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:10 am

Once such a limit is reached, it would be possible to offer a behavioral choice: FIFO / LIFO / NC (NO CHANGE).

The goal here, if deemed worthwhile, is that the very latest "newest" Auto-regeneration always be saved (in the FIFO and LIFO cases) just in case it is PERFECTION ITSELF.

T'would be agonizing if such were lost forever! <g>

ValliSoftware
KVRist
238 posts since 11 May, 2014

Post Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:56 am Hi ValliSoftware,

it was last November in this post: viewtopic.php?p=8256835&hilit=Logic#p8256835
The stable version also has this, not just the beta.

Thanks,
Attila
ValliSoftware wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am Attila,

I remember you showed a picture of multiple inputs or outputs in Logic.
Do you remember where you posted that?
Was that a released versions of RapidComposer or a beta.
I know I'm doing something wrong.
I have RapidComposer on the top track and a e-piano on the bottom track.
When I select from the Midi In Port on the e-piano, this is all I see.
Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 2.17.07 PM.png
I have Version 4.3.3 (AU arm64)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sj1
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:28 am

lulukom wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:55 am And how does it work? I turn on the lightning icon, set the options (right click) and no auto-generation happens. Is there something I don't know?)
Hi. Are you looping? The AG is something that takes place at the end of each (or some number of) loops. Apologies if I'm stating the obvious! :)

lulukom
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:42 am

sorry, everything works))
Last edited by lulukom on Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:46 am

And I will add that I really like that it is possible to apply any development and change of phrases directly in the main Composition window.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4758 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:54 am

Hi lulukom,

I don't understand because regeneration should occur at the end of loop, before the playback cursor jumps back to the loop beginning. You should see the phrases redrawn. It is possible to set the phrases to regenerate on STOP, but I suspect you did not set that.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

lulukom
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:58 am

Thank you, Attila, I already figured it out. Everything is working properly)

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:03 am

I understand, it is important not to loose any perfect phrases, but I would not make it more complex. At the moment if works as a FIFO, so the oldest phrase will be deleted from the queue.

Now it is possible to set the number of past phrases to store, which you can always go back if you need:

sj1 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:10 am Once such a limit is reached, it would be possible to offer a behavioral choice: FIFO / LIFO / NC (NO CHANGE).

The goal here, if deemed worthwhile, is that the very latest "newest" Auto-regeneration always be saved (in the FIFO and LIFO cases) just in case it is PERFECTION ITSELF.

T'would be agonizing if such were lost forever! <g>
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

lulukom
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:09 am

Well, first of all, it would be nice to indicate that for real-time changes, auto-apply should be enabled in the generator. 2) I couldn't get it to work with the Percussion Generator. Should this work? And yes, the value of the button Initiate counting 1 indicates that the new generation will occur from where? From the first beat? From the first note? From the first beat? From the first sentence? Or how does this button work? And according to the result of the answer .. it would be nice to make it possible for auto-generation to work with a cycle inside the phrase, that the changes occurred in the area equal to the cycle. I have my own conclusions, but I would like to hear the correct opinion) Well, a crash when moving the oscillator settings faders .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sj1
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:59 pm

I am listening to some wonderful results with Auto Regeneration (AG)! Thanks much for this. :) :)

Considering further and trying to keep simplicity (as well as power/flexibility) in mind -

I think adding 'Enable All' and 'Pause All' to go along with 'Disable All' would cover the desirable "Rapid" compositional control nicely.

The point of 'Pause All' is to stop the AG without losing the on/off settings of the individual generators.

Maybe these additions wouldn't be next up, 'cause I know other goals are competing for time. But somewhere up the road, I think they would be worthy. Thanks for considering.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:05 am

Hi ValliSoftware,

I think I know the reason: enable "Audio Unit (Synth): Create Virtual MIDI Port:" under the RapidComposer VST/VST3/AU heading in the preferences.

Thanks,
Attila
ValliSoftware wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm

ValliSoftware
KVRist
238 posts since 11 May, 2014

Post Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:48 am

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:05 am Hi ValliSoftware,

I think I know the reason: enable "Audio Unit (Synth): Create Virtual MIDI Port:" under the RapidComposer VST/VST3/AU heading in the preferences.

Thanks,
Attila
ValliSoftware wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm

Thank you, that was it.

zedd
KVRian
1014 posts since 19 Apr, 2008

Post Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:32 pm

Can someone please direct me to the limitations of the demo/trial software? Is it going to time out or expire? What is disabled?

I can't get any MIDI to export to a track in my DAW or drag it into EZKeys. Is that a limitation of the demo version, or is that not something this software can do?

I am definitely confused.
Somewhere in the background zedd

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:47 am

In the demo everything works except saving/exporting files. The plug-ins do not restore their states.
The demo can be used for 30 days, but this period restarts with each update.

Drag-and-drop should work well. If you hover the mouse over the 'file' menu, help is displayed for drag-and-drop:

If you have a selection on the timeline, only the selection is dragged.

You can test drag-and-drop if you drop MIDI on the desktop (a MIDI file should be created).
Sometimes there are drag-and-drop issues when you drag-and-drop between an elevated and non-elevated application.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”