RapidComposer v4 feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
lovemusic15
KVRist
190 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:14 am

When dragging ( converting) full songs onto the phrases browser is it possible to have an option we're it only copies the first 8 bars of each track rather than the full length of the track

Would save a lot of time and be more convenient when converting into generators or editing especially when using in idea tool as it's hard to see the actual pattern in the display box when it is so long.

Thanks

sj1
KVRian
673 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:28 am

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:16 am the voicing is not applied to the master track chord. I'll have a fix shortly.

There's more to this than instantly obvious, right?

I'm guessing that every chord may now have to carry two "special" flags:

1. Bass Pedal special yes/no
2. Treble Note special yes/no

and then various algos throughout the program will have to act differently if either of those flags is set.

For example, when we drag in the main view to change voicings (which is one RC's most excellent features), we would want to leave the bass note unchanged on the bottom for case 1 and the treble note unchanged on the top for case 2, while still somehow allowing movement of the entire chord (incl. bass and treble) between different octaves.

A new operation that comes to mind would be: Apply Pedal to Selected Chords

In this case, given multiple contiguous chords, the user would be able to choose to apply a pedal (either bass or treble) of any of the 12 tones to all the selected chords. An op like this would both change note content (in general) and set flags for all the affected chords, as well as "align" them voicing-wise on the pedal note.

I'm just speculating here. I can see why getting RC to take full compositional advantage of pedals would not be an overnight effort!

What can you say, Attila, about how you are currently thinking about this?

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4758 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:00 am

Thank you, lulukom! :tu:
This was very helpful!
I am going to upload v4.3.4 on Monday with this and other fixes.

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 am I know that it is not very pleasant when you are distracted from the creative process, but I have to do this))
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

lulukom
KVRian
1364 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:38 am

Thanks Attila! It would also be nice to explain to me about the locks in the percussion generator ... When I close the lock on the track, it changes color and I understand that it is closed and no changes will occur to this percussion track. But when on another percussive track I change from one rhythm to another, for example, then the lock on that first track changes back to the default color. What does it mean ? Is the first track still locked or is it opening? I understand that if it opens, then this is a bug. If it remains closed , but its color reverts to uncolored default , then that 's also a bug . Maybe I did not understand something in the operation of this interface?

lovemusic15
KVRist
190 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:48 am

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:00 am Thank you, lulukom! :tu:
This was very helpful!
I am going to upload v4.3.4 on Monday with this and other fixes.

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 am I know that it is not very pleasant when you are distracted from the creative process, but I have to do this))
Hi Attila

Please could you change RC or adaptor it so when dragging full songs on to the phase library.

It only takes the first 32 bars of any pattern i.e. Leeds, bass, Melody

There's no benefit for it to extract the whole length of the track, would be a great time Saver and much more convenient and useful if you could change it.

Thanks

D

Return to “MusicDevelopments”