RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

BTW, sorry for posting so many Idea Tool comments on p112 that the page turned over!

Did you you see them Attila? Please at least let me know (and hopefully comment on what you think).

Thanks!

New Video in the RC Tips and Tricks Video Manual thread.. all about tracks..

viewtopic.php?p=8507149#p8507149

and just a fun fact about RC, you probably know how to use CC lanes, like Expression or Modulation in RC, but, did you know you can also use Variation lanes? It's covered in that video!

RapidComposer v4.5b3 is available!

There are lots of improvements in this one:
  • Instrument menu better organized in the track inspector
  • Double-clicking on the timeline selection will zoom into the selection. Another double-click will zoom out.
  • Improved animations when double-clicking on a track for zoom-in/out
  • Horizontal zoom on the timeline is very smooth now (in Composition, Phrase Editor, Melody Editor, MIDI Mutator)
  • When using default.rcCOMP for new compositions, it is not overwritten for a Save
  • A warning is displayed when attempting to save a track template for a track using multi-timbral VST plug-ins (shared with other tracks)
  • New LE features: articulations and melody generators were added to the light edition!
  • Fixed chord palette opening as too small
Did anyone have a chance to use the plug-ins on macOS? I wonder if the new UI engine works for everybody.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

nice set of fixes there.. hey, I think I emailed you about inspectors when set NOT to open in a new window, if you try to drag them out of the RC window, the screen flickers bad?

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:18 pm
[*] Double-clicking on the timeline selection will zoom into the selection. Another double-click will zoom out.
This works really great in the Composition view. I love it!

However, the zoom in and out are not landing with the correct span in the Idea Tool view.

Hi Attila
I use the b3 in 4k display and DAW in hidpi mode. In standalone RC GUI is all ok and i can resize the window . when i use it as a plugin in studio one 5 gui seem look ok in size of fonts, but the window is small and i can not resize it to look larger in the content. see screenshot

left is as a plugin and right is standalone version
rc resize not work.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hello Attila!
Thanks for the new beta!
Animation on Mac OS has become very good, except for such artifacts as in the picture below ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I also get artifacts in the windows stand alone.. I was clicking between the phrases in the track and it would randomly leave this..

Also, when you re-worked the phrase inspector and the adding of the bass note, there isn't a way to turn that off now..

BluGenes wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:05 pm Also, when you re-worked the phrase inspector and the adding of the bass note, there isn't a way to turn that off now..
yea, that is an oops on my part, it didn't dawn on me right away that it is using a check mark.. :oops:

The next installment to the user guide is posted.. this one very in depth look at progressions and everything that goes with it.

viewtopic.php?p=8511459#p8511459

And here is part 2 of Progressions..

viewtopic.php?p=8511670#p8511670

Hello magicmusic!

I am planning this for the next update, v4.5. There is nothing more urgent than this!
I'll soon start to work on it.

Thanks!
Attila
magicmusic wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:11 am I also like see controllers able in phrase. this is a important update. also like see that there can add vibrato fast and slow and bend half bend full with a simple mouseclick in a phrase. notation software or guitar pro allow this symbols for bend and vibrato

bend and vibrato.jpg

this is also very usefull when can set this in phrase so no controller data need for the most used things
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

And here is a new video all about the RC short cuts.. covers stuff not documented ;)

viewtopic.php?p=8518936#p8518936

Return to “MusicDevelopments”