Pulsecraft - The Chro 8080

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have never received an email or anything about updates or anything like that after buying this awhile back. Hopefully there's some notification of some sort after 1.0 releases?

To answer some important questions:

For update request or buy new license contact me personally
Jasper@pulsecraft.nl

Currently there has been a lot of progress on the Gui
Most of the bugs have been resolved. But there are still specifics to fix before this product can be aproved.

All licensees have a stable version
The experimental version is not recommended because of compatibity issues due to unfinished parts and implementations. For example some preset will not recognize updated features until I have reworked and saved every preset.

To do:
Nks support
ID orders
Step envelope rehaul
Fx 4-6 control compatibility
Information mouse over data
Text inquiry fixes
Preset overhaul and resave

Experimental update can only be requested by licensed users.

Every licensee will be informed by email for the 1.0 release when finished.

love this ensemble! It is really good!!

I was wondering: I have read that you can control the hardware with this software. Can it load patches of the hardware?

Could I use JP80x0 editor and load hardware patches to it?
Kneed je synth

Reaktor can send and receive midi cc's ..so mapping the gui knos to hardware and vice versa is not a problem .
Sysex however is a totally different bag of beans , reaktor does not support it so loading jp8000 patches is out of the question .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:28 pm Reaktor can send and receive midi cc's ..so mapping the gui knos to hardware and vice versa is not a problem .
Sysex however is a totally different bag of beans , reaktor does not support it so loading jp8000 patches is out of the question .
Good call. Your right, patch data is sysex. Thanks 🙏🏻
Kneed je synth

Just picked this one up. Got tired of big R dragging their feet to make a plugin version. A very impressive JP alternative. And so much more than that too :love:
Busy saucing sounds - soundsauca.com

Soundsauca wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:13 am Just picked this one up. Got tired of big R dragging their feet to make a plugin version. A very impressive JP alternative. And so much more than that too :love:
How you picked it up if its not released?

sneiter wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:26 am For update request or buy new license contact me personally
Jasper@pulsecraft.nl

How is the CPU consumption? Could the final version be further optimized? How does it compare to similar plugins?

How do you like it (those who already have it)? How does it differ from something like Hive, Massive X or Reaktor itself and the like?

It’s made. with reaktor so it will differ just as much as any other reaktor synth with custom dsp code
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

mi-os wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:27 pm How is the CPU consumption? Could the final version be further optimized? How does it compare to similar plugins?

How do you like it (those who already have it)? How does it differ from something like Hive, Massive X or Reaktor itself and the like?
It's heavy on older systems, one patch could hit 50% on my old system. Now though its quite tame.

Sounds amazing , and is thick as a whale. The latest update shots look incredible tbh. Can't wait for the final release.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:55 am
mi-os wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:27 pm How is the CPU consumption? Could the final version be further optimized? How does it compare to similar plugins?

It's heavy on older systems, one patch could hit 50% on my old system. Now though its quite tame.

Sounds amazing , and is thick as a whale. The latest update shots look incredible tbh. Can't wait for the final release.
How does it compare to Uhe Diva (digital oscillators) in terms of sound and CPU usage?

I am not going to compare the sound, because they are different beasts in my opinion, but CPU , Chro8080 is heavier on CPU but not by a lot. I get 1/8th of CPU use with Chro, and less than that with DIVA NOT in Multicore mode.

Using a 5900X in Cubase 12
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I've measured the Chro-8080:
i5 4th gen 4 core : init preset 15/16% heavy presets around 30/40%
i5 10th gen 4 core : personally not tested but should increase single threading by a lot.
i9 11th gen 8 core : init preset 7%, heavy presets around 15/18%

So as Reaktor is still single threading each instance you can duplicate each instance until your daw doubles up cpu depending on the amount of Cores.

i4 4th gen has 12/14 duplicates in 1 project with increasing latency along the way the project intensified.
i9 11th gen has managed to duplicate 40 instances without dropouts pressing 1 single note together on low latency 8ms input.
hope this helps.

I have reproduced Miami Vice Crockett's Theme only using the Chro-8080
https://soundcloud.com/jasperbroeks/miami_vice

The idea was to show that digital synths can also sound analog depending on the setting. The Analog Drift feature was already added at the start to improve the original JP digital voicing.

Return to “Instruments”