Flower Child Filter and Analog Distortion public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dionenoid wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:47 pm Sounds awesome :)

- When opening, the noise is always heard but noise volume is set to zero. When touching the noise volume it resets to zero.
+1 in Reaper Win10Pro

Very nice :). Things I've noticed (couldn't find) on Reaper:
* No bypass button. I have to play with dry/wet?
* Double tapping allows me to type in values, but the typing area is lower than the input field
* I like the smoothing option :)
* Maybe oversampling should be hidden away in a settings panel to free some space? Not sure how useful it is as a parameter.
* Meter seems to be magnified and shifted towards the top? Not super obvious to see what's going on. Looks cool though :)

New version released, used the download link on the forum. The download link in the plugin won't be the new version until the mac version is released. Still working on the mac version.

* Added final output trim volume knob
* Fixed bug where noise level is not correct at startup
* Normalized the size of flag graphics
* Resizing / window size should be saved (please test!)

highstandards wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm* No bypass button. I have to play with dry/wet?
ok, do you want me to remove the bypass option in the dropdown and just add a button next to the dropdown?
highstandards wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm* Double tapping allows me to type in values, but the typing area is lower than the input field
yeah... trying to figure it out.
highstandards wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm* I like the smoothing option :)
Good!
highstandards wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm* Maybe oversampling should be hidden away in a settings panel to free some space? Not sure how useful it is as a parameter.
It's very needed unfortunately because of the chaotic nature of the algorithms, I need an analog modeller on my team in order to make the oversampling knob less needed and the algorithms easier to use. For now, oversampling is a nice bandaid.
highstandards wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 pm* Meter seems to be magnified and shifted towards the top? Not super obvious to see what's going on. Looks cool though :)
wah? In terms of the oscilloscope, what you see is what you get. If you're seeing lots of squares, you're getting lots of squares. :wink:

Any idea of when this will be released?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 am Any idea of when this will be released?
In a few weeks hopefully mac build will be finished. Also, I want to implement side chaining so you can have your kick drum control the filter... p.s. why does it matter when it will be released? It's a free product that's pretty much working 100% already.

Architeuthis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 am
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 am Any idea of when this will be released?
In a few weeks hopefully mac build will be finished. Also, I want to implement side chaining so you can have your kick drum control the filter...
Sounds good! I'll be looking forward to it.
p.s. why does it matter when it will be released? It's a free product that's pretty much working 100% already.
Because Beta vs. Finished product can mean incompatibilities and things breaking. I just prefer to wait than to take that chance.
A well-behaved signature.

Original UI artist informed me he might be creating an adjusted UI due to all the controls I needed to add.

How is the unification of your synthesis algos coming along?

All the kids are into this sort of oscillator / waveform manipulation at the moment.
Gotta make it look pretty for them though ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

can Flower Child map a midi note to resonant frequency with glide, and map the resonance amount to velocity?

Are you trying to get specific frequencies? That's not possible without implementing a real-time tuning or calibration system. Also, resonance will cause the frequency to change, so a calibration system wouldn't work here. Also, a tuning system wouldn't work exactly because frequency detection could be difficult. This all just a really bad idea with these styles of filters. Robin filters might be tunable...

In any case, you'll have to use your DAW features to map midi note to parameter automation amount.

Edit: Although, I do like a bad idea from time to time.

it would be cool to have a self resonating filter that's playable like a synth, and was thinking of a way to utilize stuff like velocity. I think there's arcane scripts that Reaper has that can map MIDI to a filter cutoff, but they're arcane. I've heard of the idea being done before though. I guess its a little like keytracking.

I know there is an application for pitch-synced filters. A feature for a future plugin that has more robust modulation options.

Vember Audio Surge is free and does what you want.

overhishead wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:03 pm it would be cool to have a self resonating filter that's playable like a synth, and was thinking of a way to utilize stuff like velocity. I think there's arcane scripts that Reaper has that can map MIDI to a filter cutoff, but they're arcane. I've heard of the idea being done before though. I guess its a little like keytracking.
there have been a few like this over the years...here is the last one i remember...I'm also pretty sure melda has one
https://www.filterorgan.com/
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

sounds like the wet/dry knob is linear, would logarithmic give that dial more range?

also if i set the drive to zero, dial in a filter cutoff that cuts out the source except for self-resonance, when i dial the drive back in, i begin to hear the original sound overdriven. this says to me that the drive is happening before the filter, is that the case? because i'm reading from left to right, left being the input side and right being output, i would expect the signal flow to go from filter to drive, as in driving whatever the output of the filter is. Of course I can see the advantage of both.

I realize I need to RTFM but it's a bit complicated for me. What I'd rather have than gainstaging is the option for auto gain compensation so the input levels would have a similar RMS value as they had going in, like some of Tokyo Dawn plugins, so i could hear exactly what the effect was doin. I just want to hear all these glorious groundbreaking Soundemote filters unbridled by having to babysit the levels. also a second panel to go under the hood and set clamps for min-max on the pots so as to make custom presets that respond to the dials the way I like them to. Come to think of it, lin/log options could live in behind such a hidden panel.

I realize this is totally it's own thing and it has it's own logic and soul as a FSU box.

Return to “Effects”