Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Interesting, the opposite of what I would have expected. Though I've never used Serum. What is it in the settings that's making the detune in Vital sound a bit cleaner/less aggressively phasey?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:36 pm Interesting, the opposite of what I would have expected. Though I've never used Serum. What is it in the settings that's making the detune in Vital sound a bit cleaner/less aggressively phasey?
You can tweak that to quite a degree in the oscillators advanced panel in Vital.

you should do this in every single "synth vs synth" thread (or when there is an argument). you got a sick skill making one sound like the other. but im intrigued by that screenshot, serum you had to turn down in overall volume; meaning if youre a user and comparing them yourself you might think vital sounds weaker cause serum is louder in volume at its default? but maybe not. they both have an output knob. but still you turned down serum. i always thought serum sounded better than vital. maybe it was just volume fooling me? 2db can be very subtle.
Last edited by astralprojection on Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Correct, I turned down the volume with the channel fader vs the output on the synth. They are both loudness matched.

LFO8 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am Correct, I turned down the volume with the channel fader vs the output on the synth. They are both loudness matched.
yeah but i mean like, the fact that you had to do that in the first place.

astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am
LFO8 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am Correct, I turned down the volume with the channel fader vs the output on the synth. They are both loudness matched.
Same goes for filter cutoffs. They're not the same either... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:43 pm
astralprojection wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am
Same goes for filter cutoffs. They're not the same either... :wink:
No filtering or EQ or any FX applied.

LFO8 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:06 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:43 pm Same goes for filter cutoffs. They're not the same either... :wink:
No filtering or EQ or any FX applied.
Gotcha! I wasn't referring to this test specifically, just that in general if comparing any 2 synths the filters could be different as well. So if no filtering applied here, this does not apply.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes, the different filter topology used in each synth is where it gets much harder to fully replicate the sound between them.

It's been a while since the last conversation in this thread....but going with the OP title, I am wondering if there has been any news on any Vital progress since version 1.5.5 was released back in Nov 2022. Not much info from Matt on his website's forum.
On a number of Macs

I've classified Vital as abandonware. People are still reporting issues with version 1.5.5 and have been for months with no fix in sight. For just one example:
brailynd.r.s, post:99, topic:10674 wrote: Vital is crashing Reaper as soon as I attempt to open the GUI. Works fine with playback if the plugin is never opened. I found this to be the case with VSTi, VST3, and CLAPi versions. Running Windows 10.
Shame as it is a great synth as long as it's working but I fear Vital is dying a slow death. I'll use it for the TTWT function but I won't use it in any projects since I simply can't trust its stability or long term viability.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:51 pm I've classified Vital as abandonware. People are still reporting issues with version 1.5.5 and have been for months with no fix in sight. For just one example:
brailynd.r.s, post:99, topic:10674 wrote: Vital is crashing Reaper as soon as I attempt to open the GUI. Works fine with playback if the plugin is never opened. I found this to be the case with VSTi, VST3, and CLAPi versions. Running Windows 10.
Shame as it is a great synth as long as it's working but I fear Vital is dying a slow death. I'll use it for the TTWT function but I won't use it in any projects since I simply can't trust its stability or long term viability.
What's your timeline in general for these kinds of decisions, because ultimately all the software effects and instruments we use today are likely to be history in the coming years. For example, how many plugins from 20 years ago are you using today? 15 years? 10 years? Frankly... well, whatever... but I hope you get my point. This ain't hardware, baby.

I have windows 10 and no issues at all with vital and reaper. Maybe the issue in the example is system specific and not easy to pin down....

Same here. No issues in Reaper W10 and Mac.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

plexuss wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:53 pm What's your timeline in general for these kinds of decisions, because ultimately all the software effects and instruments we use today are likely to be history in the coming years. For example, how many plugins from 20 years ago are you using today? 15 years? 10 years? Frankly... well, whatever... but I hope you get my point. This ain't hardware, baby.
Oh I get your point but it simply does not hold merit. :wink:

We're not talking about a 20 year old plugin we're talking about one that is relatively recent and documented to be buggy which the developer is still selling....knowing that's it's buggy on at least some systems. He is unresponsive on his company forums to those bug reports like the one I listed above.

How many buggy plugins have you kept using in the last 20,15, or 10 years? I tend to stay away from them for the stability of my projects.

No this "ain't hardware, baby" because it's not going to fail due to some component failure but that's completely irrelevant.

So how many developers would get a pass here at KVR for selling buggy software and either being unwilling or unable to fix it in at least 8 months?

If you feel comfortable using abandoned software that is known to be buggy (even if those bugs haven't affected you....yet) then by all means do so. I'm moving on. :arrow:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”